Bi Wiring for speakers question

I've done some research on bi wiring speakers and have noted that some people are apparently using a speaker cable with 4 banana connectors on one end but only 2 on the other end.  I'm guessing that the side with 2 banana's is connected to the Amp or Receiver and the side with 4 to the speakers.

Anyone tried this and does it work as well as using 4 connectors on each side?  Seems to me that using all four speaker outputs on the amp is the right way to do it but if it will work with just one pair of speaker outputs then who am I to judge?
will62
Separate brands?  In other words, use AQ Type 4 for one speaker and some other brand for the other speaker?  Or do I use one brand for the high end and the other brand for the low end?  Sounds odd.
@will62  Never run different brands or cable topologies when biwiring.  You want the same cables for both biwire runs.  If not you risk defeating one of the primary objectives of a biwire designed speaker...that of optimizing the function the speaker's crossover network by presenting the music signal to both parts of the crossover in concert.
+1 Hifiman. 
Keep it simple Will. The AQ GO 4 is a reasonably priced cable and should not cost a fortune to do a true biwire. Just try to keep the lengths equal and as short as practically possible. And, add a little wiggle room for minor adjustments. Nothing is more frustrating than having to move a whole cabinet of equipment just to get to some cables.
B
gdnrbob.  Yes, I've already bi wired them to my system when I had the Castle Conway 3's paired to the Denon 520 amp.  But since both ends of the wires are Banana's I have to get new cables to match up the Denon with the Mirage OM 10's which only take Pins since the Spades never fit.  And the Yamaha A500 which also takes Pins but not Banana's will be matched to the Castle's with a new pair with Pins and Banana's.

Just bought a single pair of the BJC Belden 5000 cable to see how that sounds.  Will buy a second set to Bi Wire if they sound good.  Will likely get AQ again for the next set for the other system.
hifiman.  Thanks.  Yeah, I don't understand that advice either.  Will stick with the tried and true method of using the same kind of cable.