What's on your audio wish list for 2018?

I've asked this sort of question on the cusp off the new year for the last couple of years. What do you have on the horizon for 2018?

My answer for 2018 is the same as I've had for the last two years- more music, and if my Arkiv B cartridge bites the dust, a new cartridge. Other than that, quite content with the gear I have.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous new year
128x128zavato

I'm retiring mid this year so I'm putting in the final touches.  I've finished room treatments with a half dozen Vicoustic DC2 diffusors on the listening wall between the speakers.  The big finish is a Technics 1200G (last table) which is shipping today.  Lastly a couple of LP Gear Zupreme head shells and a new Morrow phono cable for the new TT, and I'm upgrading my Cerious Technologies speaker cables to their new Graphene Matrix offering.

That's enough for this year.

Post removed 
I have a small but intimate listening room.

I already have an Adcom GFA 545 MkII Power Amplifier (Purchased in 2000), and with my Christmas Bonus this past year, I purchased an Adcom GFA 555se (200 WPC @ 8 Ohms/300 WPC @ 4 Ohms vs 100 WPC @ 8 Ohms/150 WPC @ 4 Ohms from the older GFA 545 MkII) that even though, the box has been opened, right now, it’s still sitting in the box.

Reason being is I want to use a TOTAL Balanced Connection. My Preamplifier, Phono Preamplifier, and my CD Universal Player all have the tried and true RCA Unbalanced Input Jacks, but also have the XLR Balanced Input Jacks. The new Power Amplifier also has the XLR Balanced Input Jacks as well as the RCA’s. The older Power Amplifier has RCA’s only.

The hold up is my KEF Reference 102’s. The KEF Reference 102’s have a KUBE Equalization System, and it still has RCA’s on it.

So, I’m at a crossroads right now. I have to decide what I am going to do next. And that will either have to be:

(01). Maybe sell the Adcom GFA-555se to recoup my money back (HUGE loss for me, but a huge gain to the immediate buyer, as they’re getting a BRAND NEW AMPLIFIER..... "BOOGERS!!!" :-( !!!!). And then abandon the idea of switching over to XLR Connectivity.

(02). Get me a pair of Small Subwoofers to use with and to augment/complement the Bass Response/Overall Sound of the KEF Reference 102’s. The KEF References at their maximum setting goes down to 40 Hz. I would like to lower them to the lower 30’s or even the upper 20’s, if the room can handle it.

OR!!!!!

(01). Stay on course and keep the Adcom GFA-555se and be patient about switching over to XLR Connectivity (YESSSSSSS .... Pumping Fist). **

(02). Retire my KEF Reference 102’s after about 30 Plus Years and relegate them to bedroom duty (which I will then use with an NAD 3140 Integrated Amplifier and a Turntable (70’s Pioneer Direct-Drive, or a Technics SL-1200 MkII, either which is yet to arrive, and if I can find one in decent shape)). **

(03). If I win the lottery or if my grandmother’s inheritance finally arrives, go on out and get me a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures to replace the KEF’s in the main listening room, which then after doing that, put my Adcom GFA 545 MkII into retirement, and hook up my new Adcom GFA-555se afterwards (total XLR Connectivity and all). **

** = My Ideal Wish Indeed.

--Charles--