Bi Wiring for speakers question

I've done some research on bi wiring speakers and have noted that some people are apparently using a speaker cable with 4 banana connectors on one end but only 2 on the other end.  I'm guessing that the side with 2 banana's is connected to the Amp or Receiver and the side with 4 to the speakers.

Anyone tried this and does it work as well as using 4 connectors on each side?  Seems to me that using all four speaker outputs on the amp is the right way to do it but if it will work with just one pair of speaker outputs then who am I to judge?
will62
Joe Levy, over at Tempo Electric came up with a great solution for my bi-wire set up on my JBL 4319 monitors. Since he sells single, solid core silver cables, with no terminations (unless you want them), he recommended making the jacket about 3" shorter than usual on one end so I can attach them to both posts of the speaker. That way, there's no possibility of mismatched cables, wires, connectors, etc. 

He brought it up when I mentioned what I'm presently using. Apparently, that's his go-to solution for all of his customers. KISS is now something I won't take for granted anymore. I'll post here again if I hear an improvement (in about three weeks).

All the best,
Nonoise
There is a consensus that biwire within a single cable is not as much of an improvement as using two separate cables, one for upper range, one for lower range.

@elizabeth ,
I disagree, respectfully.
B
+1 @elizabeth   Richard Vandersteen, one of the foremost proponents of "true biwiring", will always implore owners of his speakers to run two separate cables of same geometry.  His read on this topic is that you cannot reap all of biwiring benefits if both cable runs are within the same jacket (too much interaction between different strands of cable.
I've had great success running seperate brands of cables from the 2 binding posts on each Mono Block to Speakers. Allows you to run a seperate cable better suited for bass and seperate cable better suited for mid's/ highs.
When I installed four pairs of AQ Type 4 into my system, I noted a big improvement in the bass in my Castle Conway 3 speakers.  I put on the album Love Beach by Emerson, Lake and Palmer as a test.  Has some very low bass notes in a couple of the songs.  My Mirage OM 10's could always play them even when not bi wired but the Castle's were not.  After bi wiring I could suddenly hear bass notes on that album on the Castle's that previously were unheard.  Overall the sound is much better than with two pairs of cables.