Anybody watch the Grammys tonight?

I was too busy listening to MUSIC on my analogue rig.  Sigh.  What am I missing?
jc4659
I get a kick out of the posters who claim they didn't watch the show and then follow up with a detailed critique of the show, including performances.  The Grammy's is best PVR'd, you can then watch the entire telecast is less than 30 minutes.  The music celebrated does not suit my taste, but that's okay, as most Millennial's and iGen's don't like my music either.
garebear
"Jaz J and Beyonce - really. The talentless street walker was said to be wearing ; $6.8 worth of jewelry."

Curious what your basis is for calling Beyonce a street walker? That's a pretty heavy charge.

Here is what I can gather about her from news sources. She was raised with much love in a middle class or better family in Houston, TX. Her mother was a hairdresser who owned a salon. Her father was a sales manager for Xerox. She and her parents are registered Republicans. She attended fine arts magnet schools in Houston. She was raised as a devout Methodist, and regularly attends church. She has never been arrested. She has only been married once, and that faithfully (on her part), to all reports, for a decade to Jay Z. When Kanye West rudely interrupted Taylor Swift on stage when receiving a MTV award, Beyonce graciously gave up some her time on stage to let Taylor receive her award promptly. As far as I can see, she has even treated her husband Jay Z with grace and mercy, when you look at the big picture, when he has cheated on her.

Reads like a person of good character to me. Difficult to see any history of or motivation for taking money or other favors for sex.

She does dress scantily sometimes but not more so than many other music and film industry stars of this and past eras.

Now taste in music is personal. You could say Beyonce's music sucks. But facts do place some limits on taste. To call Beyonce talentless does not gibe with her critical acclaim, tremendous record sales, and influence on music. An individual may not like the music of Elvis or the Beatles or the Rolling Stones but how could these musicians be completely talentless given their outsize influence on contemporary pop and rock?

I encourage you to take a listen to Lemonade, Beyonce's latest album. It is a creative tour de force that includes songs that span styles from country to rock to soul.  She sings with great honesty and discipline, which is difficult to do at the same time, about a very personal wound- her hurt about her husband's betrayal. (By the way, I am not a fan of rap, and do find a lot of it tasteless and uncivilized. Although like in most any form of music, there are a handful who make interesting songs that use new sounds and rhythms.)

Jay Z was a thug in the past. He appears to live in a much more civilized way now but can't say I know enough to claim that label no longer applies. His cheating on Beyonce, although that's unfortunately a common behavior on the part of men, does not help.

G
The babylonian principles and policies of this world are greatly interwoven within the political,religious and
entertainment/media structures, which in turn, dominant every core fiber in the mindset of mankind to the point where our own moral guidance for a healthy conscience has been seared and cast aside for the self serving agendas of modern day rulers and kingdoms of this earth. The nightly news reports of this condition playing out daily...without fail. 

A sad time indeed for our children's/grandchildren's future... 
I hear ratings were down 25%. I haven't verified this but I haven't watched in several years. It is insulting to me to use the Grammys as a front for pushing a political viewpoint. This viewpoint happens to be polar opposite of mine, but I would feel the same way even if it 'fit' my views. If I want to watch a political show I'll watch c-span or a program that is at least honest in advertising it is based on a political viewpoint.
Guswatte,
I also feel the "talentless streetwalker" comment was unwarranted as I don’t believe personal attacks are justified (or accurate).

Musical taste is all across the proverbial map as most of us posting here can certainly attest to.

My primary criticism as Frogman and many others have noted is the overwhelmingly insipid one sided political viewpoint. It comes across as embarrassingly shrill and shallow.

Celebrate the music but enough of the political dogma.
Charles