MG12 QR Maggies with Mye stands, or 1.7i's with stock stands?

Hi all - first post here.  I'm in a quandary.  I have the MG 12 QR maggies with the DMW panel for bass.  Want to get the next step in sound, and was thinking of getting the Mye stands for them, but got to thinking if it wasn't better to upgrade to the 1.7i's.  Don't want to spend the $$ on the stands and then upgrade anyway.  

So - looking for opinions.  Would i get better sound out of stock 1.7i's or with the 12 QR's with the Mye stands?

Running Musical Fidelity A308 to drive them. (300W @ 4 ohms)

Thanks in advance for all your expertise!
nickthepet
I've had Maggie 1.7s for over four years (bought Nov. 2013). They're not the "i" version, but I figure I've run them hot enough to turn them into the "i" version. I power them with a Perreaux PMF1150B power amp with an all-tube front end. Bass is augmented by a pair of tiny discontinued Mirage MM8 subwoofers, which match with the 1.7s very well. Four+ years later, I am still extremely happy with these speakers, and anything I run through them captivates and monopolizes my attention. At $2K plus subs, they are crazy hard to beat.
Thanks - glad you are enjoying your speakers.  I'm wondering if I'd get close to that level of satisfaction with just adding the Mye stands to my 12 QR's.  They seem to be pretty close to the 1.7's - albeit a little smaller.  Have you compared your 1.7's to say maybe the MMG (which i think the MGQR12 was between the 1.6(7?) and MMG when I got them), and how strong a difference there was?  I like what have now, but hear the Mye stands really tighten focus and imaging, which i'd like to get better.  Just don't know if i'd get that and more with just upgrading to the 1.7i's.  

I did try to add a sub at one time (Klipsh RW-8) but never felt i got good integration.  Seemed to be either too much boominess, or no added bass, thus I got the DMW.