Who has the best plasma monitor these days

I am looking to get a plasma monitor. I don't need a tuner within it. Just the screen. I have a cable tv supplier that already provides the HD tuner box with hdmi output. I am looking for a 42 or 50 inch screen. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks
tlg
Upgraded from the Fujitsu P50 to the Pio 60" Kuro Elite. The Kuros are simply the best right now.
No LCD comes even close. I have the Sharp 37GP1U in the bedroom and my girlfriend has the Sony Bravia XBR4. As nice as the Sony is, it doesn't even come close. The black levels on the plasma alone puts the LCD to shame.
Post removed 
wouldn't really purchase any Plasma besides Pioneer and Fujitsu at this point. Just does everything better than everyone else, these do. Simply better blacks, less video noise, crushing, digital artifacts, and more accurate color. Yep, Pioneer and Fujitsu
Pioneer and Panasonic probably make the best of the mass produced monitors. I believe NEC was taken over by Pioneer and only 3-4 glass makers produce the plasmas for all the various companies. You pay a very large premium for fujitsu and runco sets. Ultimately it will be the scaler (and source material) that determines overall picture quality and that is where pioneer and fujitsu are probably better. That said I'm very happy with my Panasonic after I reset the picture calibrations. While many think the Pioneer elite Kuro is the best, at this time it is very expensive and some have had problems with certain issues discussed in other threads. The first 50" pioneer elite 1080 monitor PROFHD1 (now the older model)is on sale at 6ave.com for $2998. I still think you get a better buy with the built in tuner and scaler the other pioneer elite models as the monitors are priced higher and often for commercial use.
The best plasmas, in fact the best flat screens period, that I have seen are the new Pioneer Kuros - best color, best blacks, best shadow detail (BY FAR the best) and fewest artifacts. The Panny's are very nice, especially for their price point, but they don't have the shadow detail of the Pios, which are more expensive.

LCDs have improved a ton but after auditioning several over the last month I still feel strongly that the shadow detail just doesn't cut it - yet. Since I watch lots of movies that have dark or night scenes, this remains a deal killer for me for my primary display. The blacks on LCDs are much improved, however, just not as good as the best plasmas. The shadow detail has a ways to go, and the motion trails on the non 120hz displays are a drag too.