Rega RP8 or Technics SL1200G

I'm a bit reluctant to post this "either or question" because I know that everything in this hobby is subjective, but here goes.

I currently have a Rega RP3-24 with an Exact 2 and I want to upgrade to my final turntable. I have read all the reviews that are available on both tables and both received stellar reviews, although Fremer stated that his RP8 sample table ran a little fast. I like the simplicity of the RP8 ($3000), however, I also like the adjustability of the SL1200G ($4000) which eases the task of trying different cartridges, although I don't plan on swapping out cartridges very often. On the other hand, I am not adverse to using spacers to adjust VTA on the Rega so I can try  non Rega cartridges. 

So it really comes down to which table sounds better, which is built better, etc. I would like to hear from anyone who owns or has heard either of these tables. I won't have the opportunity to audition either one.

I listen to rock, jazz and some classical.

The rest of my system is:
Cayin A-88T MKII Integrated with Gold Lion KT88's or Svetlana Winged C EL34  
PS Audio GCPH w/Underwood Mod (planning to upgrade to Parasound JC3+)
Harbeth SHL5 Plus 40th Anniversary
Rega Apollo-R
Accuphase T101
Cables: Morrow PH4 to phone preamp 

Thanks in advance.
Eric

ericsch
I just listened to Fremer's Coliburn versus the new Technics direct-drive.  It was hard(I might have even gotten them mixed up.) to hear a difference.  I heard it on YouTube, but I would still advise listening in person.  The areas that might differ are in the high frequencies, and I noticed a download of Fremer's turntable, at a higher resolution(192kHz/24 bit?), was especially good in the midrange.  I still would try to listen to the RP8.  I could speculate on what the conclusions might be between the Technics and RP8, but I refuse to do so, because I think advice like that is bad advice, without an actual live listening comparison.

@ericsch 

I have a Morrow PH5 on order.  I was hoping to have it when the table arrived but no.  I'm just using the stock RCA cable for now.  I have other Morrow cables in the front end of my rig so I'm expecting another improvement once that gets inserted and settles in. 

My retailer who sold me the table also is recommending upgrading the power cable, but admits it must be thinner and flexible the way the cords fit so tightly underneath.  He is recommending the Shunyata Venom 14.  I actually have that cable elsewhere so I'll probably buy another.