Room color opinions

Does a color of a room affect the sound? Im thinking of a light colored room making the sound bright compared to a darker room color . What are your opinions on room color . 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
Try watching tv with earplugs. Let me know if the picture is better. 
Hi @geoffkait 

I never stated or even implied that because hearing senses are heightened that much more when the visual senses are at bay, that visual senses would be heightened when hearing senses are at bay. 

@geoffkait , c'mon man, it's 2018, I think we all have mute buttons on our TV's now.
The mute button actually makes music videos watchable. ;^)

gdhal
Hi @geoffkait

I never stated or even implied that because hearing senses are heightened that much more when the visual senses are at bay, that visual senses would be heightened when hearing senses are at bay.

Yes, I know you didn’t. But your theory that hearing is improved when the sense of vision is kept at bay implies it. What could be your theory otherwise? If it doesn’t make sense it’s not true. If you can link to any Science Journal article supporting your theory I’d be much obliged. Or AES, NASA, MIT, Duke University, Psychology Today, New Scientist, whatever. I maintain the whole idea of turning the lights to get better sound out is nothing more than an old wives tale passed down by eager Audiophiles.

Addendum: Blind people reportedly have enhanced hearing but that enhanced ability would almost certainly be a learned skill, rather than an automatic response to loss of sight. Also, it’s possible that LIGHTS ON affects the sound in unexpected ways, such as dimmer lights or fluorescent lights, OR that LIGHTS ON actually improves the sound, such as the reports that shining lights on interconnects and speaker cables prior to play or during play improves the sound. Now that I think about it, the Intelligent Chip uses light to improve the sound and my product CD Reanimator uses a multicolored strobe light to improve CDs. If I’m not mistaken Purist Audio has some cables that employ light in the design. So perhaps it’s best left an open question as to whether light hurts or helps SQ.