Budget American made speakers?

Can anyone recommend a decent sounding American made bookshelf speaker under $1000.  Is there such a thing?
Im starting to put together what you guys would call a "budget system".  I am planning on buying a rogue shpinx v2, but havent made a decision that yet. 
I typically try to buy American first but im finding it hard to find speakers within my price range.
Thanks
wiscoguy
@schubert 

Why is so hard to understand the OP wants bookshelves at no more than 1K ???
Because reading has become a lost art. 

ok enough, I can't stand the criticism.  So even though I recommended and still do, a small floor stander,  here is another kit (book shelf) , this one, no cabinet assembly that competes very well at a low price.  

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs621cck-speaker-kit-pair-curved-cherry--302-963
Actually, I wouldnt mind floorstanders, but my wife "doesnt want to look at big ugly speakers all the time."
I dont know what her problem is.
The 1k budget is also do to said wife.
God I am so whipped, im going to jump off a bridge now.
@wisoguy   
 look at the 1st kit that I posted from parts express, under $1000 and they really are excellent for triple the money, The parts alone sold separately are a fair amount more than this kit.  Morel drivers,  easy to assemble and you'll have a lot of pride telling people that you built them.