Budget American made speakers?

Can anyone recommend a decent sounding American made bookshelf speaker under $1000.  Is there such a thing?
Im starting to put together what you guys would call a "budget system".  I am planning on buying a rogue shpinx v2, but havent made a decision that yet. 
I typically try to buy American first but im finding it hard to find speakers within my price range.
Thanks
wiscoguy
Check out the Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1. An actual bookshelf speaker that falls within your budget. Uses the same tweeter that Spendor has used in some $3K speakers.

If you’re willing to buy used, consider the Vandersteen VLRs. With a bit of patience, you should be able to pick up a lightly used pair for $1K. Someone here recently got a pair for less than $800.

Schiit Audio allegedly sources most of their parts in the U.S. Definitely consider them for amplification.
Omega builds s very good quality speaker high efficiency 
Starting around a grand. Parts express build your own kit.
I second the vote on Ascends . I have the Sierra 2's as my surrounds. Made in Southern California
Post removed 
Used Merlin TSM. Wish I would have kept mine. I had the Sphinx as well, didn’t care for it too much.