Dynaudio Contour 30 vs Confidence C2 comparisons

Hey all, first time poster long time browser.

I currently own Dynaudio C1 platinum for the L/R fronts (midsized room), and I'm looking to get a bit fuller sound top to bottom from the larger floor standing models... ie the C2 or Contour 30. I have no means to audition either, but I know I absolutely love my C1s. Just interested in any opinions from people that have heard either/both of these models. I THINK I know what to expect with the C2, but with the contour line being remade and bumped up in price has me intrigued. I absolutely love the clean looks of the Contour 30, but I worry I'd be taking a step back from Confidence. I also have been hearing murmuring of an updated confidence line, which I'm sure (if indeed that is the case) will be priced even higher, way out of my budget.

ANY honest opinions (or facts for that matter) are welcomed and thanks in advance!
Jeff

scaf_007
@scaf_007

I too started with an AVR to drive by Dyns (Audience 70 back in the days). But the sound was flat as a runway. So, sold both the AVR and Dyns and updated to to my current set of speakers and a newer generation AVR.

Still it sounded okay but nothing I would call Earth shattering. So I started trialing a brute power amp at 500wpc and AVR as pre. Certainly there was bass slam but no mids and muffled highs. 

Further updates lead me to try two pre/power combinations,  one was a tube pre and 300wpc power from same manufacturer. I could have stayed there. That had a wonderful SQ, tubey mids and with meaty lows from the solid state power amp. When a Gryphon integrated came up for sale I hadn't look back. This amp would stay for a foreseeable future. It has so much control over the Dyns, micro details and refinements. Yet when the source demands a huge push of power to the speakers, the Gryphon more than deliver. 

My thoughts are a mid range preamp can do wonders with your setup. when compared with an high end AVR. Granted it is not a priority right now. : )

Actually, I too contemplating in going up to C2. But room size is not ideal for placement. Too close to my listening position. So I am following your thread with interest. Cheers. 
@shingy

One of the main reasons I started this thread is because I have an opportunity to grab a pair of C2's mkII but would require me to trade my C1s and I'm just not sure I want to do that.. I love them too much! lol
I have a pair of Paradigm S6 v3 in piano black that I need to unload before I can make any decisions anyhow. I just don't want to deal with shipping them so trying to sell them locally, which isn't the easiest thing to do in a small market area!
If you're happy with C1 and gave the room then a move to C2 would be a good one I think. Even if a new line comes out the C2 is still going to sound great. Upgrading the front end is also great suggestion if the C2 slips away or not. I think you'll get even more enjoyment out of either speaker with better electronics. Good luck with whichever path you choose. 
Post removed 
So being that this thread has bloomed into something more than it's title, what suggestions would anyone have for a dedicated 2 channel preamp to go with dynaudio confidence or the newer contour series? I'm not about to announce a TKO for my marantz av8802a as it's a great piece of gear. The analogue section was not an afterthought as they improved it considerably over past generations. I'll admit, though, a solid preamp has a HUGE part to play in the overall picture. What are the thoughts on using the current marantz pm 10 as an integrated 2 channel for music, then using it as a 2 channel amp for the front left/right (over an anthem p2) for movies and the like?