Why do many discussions about sonic performance disintegrate into technical discusions?

Guys I have noticed that certain members start with technical back and forth in discussions which look like they are self serving, to prove how smart or knowledgable they are, rather then forwarding the OP's original question.

Shouldn’t these discussions be moved into a separate post about technical stuff ie the techical merits of bibolar vs mosfets for example, if these members want to do that?

I think most member don’t care if a Krell amp uses brand x or y for transistors vs a Pass or any other amp, I think most people are more concerned with what the sonic differences there are vs specific technical arguments that are not related to the sonic flavor or design methodologies that these product use to produce their sound, what do you guys think?
128x128audiotroy
onhwy614,007 posts01-25-2018 1:30amBecause usually there is a purely technical reason why some equipment or combination of equipment sounds the way it does.
+1

minorl571 posts01-25-2018 6:01am

Try designing and building an amplifier or pre-amp or DAC without using technology.

There is a lot of subjectivity in the high end audio world, but without technology we are back in the stone ages.

+1

The only ones complaining about it are just "some" (not all) of the ones that don’t understand technical reasons, it baffles them, they tend to bury their heads in the sand and believe it’s all witchcraft that gets the good sounds, they can speak that BS as there’s no proving anything.

If they just did a 2 week basic electronic course they would understand a lot better and stop whining about what they don’t understand.

PS: They wouldn’t last 2 seconds at these places, where all the brains of this industries live and breath for a bit of banter.
People like Pass, Curl, Hansen rip, ect ect ect all reside at these links, why because there’s no BS witchcraft in design, just technology and measurements.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php
or
http://www.diyhifi.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=2

Cheers George
Post removed