Why do many discussions about sonic performance disintegrate into technical discusions?

Guys I have noticed that certain members start with technical back and forth in discussions which look like they are self serving, to prove how smart or knowledgable they are, rather then forwarding the OP's original question.

Shouldn’t these discussions be moved into a separate post about technical stuff ie the techical merits of bibolar vs mosfets for example, if these members want to do that?

I think most member don’t care if a Krell amp uses brand x or y for transistors vs a Pass or any other amp, I think most people are more concerned with what the sonic differences there are vs specific technical arguments that are not related to the sonic flavor or design methodologies that these product use to produce their sound, what do you guys think?
128x128audiotroy

Try designing and building an amplifier or pre-amp or DAC without using technology.

There is a lot of subjectivity in the high end audio world, but without technology we are back in the stone ages.

Want to talk subjectivity?  ask almost any high end audiophile how they feel about Bose......  then ask a regular off the street person that questions.  That subject, like politics are what I typically stay away from with people and non-audiophiles.  They just think we are real snobs.

I have absolutely no problem talking technology.  Often it is a technical reason that is the proper response to an OP's issue.

I remember my first amplifier design class in college.

Build an amplifier with the following specifications:

1.  output impedance of X

2.  Input impedance of Y

3.  power output of z wpc into 8 ohm load

4.  Totally discrete circuitry. your choice FET or BJT or both

5.  Frequency range of 20 hz to 20 kHz minimum and stable

6.  Class A or AB

7. include all equations showing operating characteristics

8.  Gain of P

First an Engineer must design suitable circuitry and then sound the device for the sound one is looking for.  Today, most are using modifications of existing circuit designs that are well know for their operating characteristics and sound quality.

Technology comes first.

enjoy