Why do many discussions about sonic performance disintegrate into technical discusions?

Guys I have noticed that certain members start with technical back and forth in discussions which look like they are self serving, to prove how smart or knowledgable they are, rather then forwarding the OP's original question.

Shouldn’t these discussions be moved into a separate post about technical stuff ie the techical merits of bibolar vs mosfets for example, if these members want to do that?

I think most member don’t care if a Krell amp uses brand x or y for transistors vs a Pass or any other amp, I think most people are more concerned with what the sonic differences there are vs specific technical arguments that are not related to the sonic flavor or design methodologies that these product use to produce their sound, what do you guys think?
128x128audiotroy
With mostly geriatric listeners and a crowd that hear the heavens open up from some gunk they threw on their contacts or a mere replacement fuse, I guess you should ask “is there actually any point in discussing sonic performance at all?”
Because usually there is a purely technical reason why some equipment or combination of equipment sounds the way it does.  We may not always know exactly why or even be able to measure these subtle differences, but they are subject to engineering analysis.  It's not magic.
Wow this is very important ill think about it and get back to you ASAP!!!