Analogue-free system

I have had a TT since 1971, starting with a $99 AR table, then progressed to a couple of Thorens tables and then a SOTA Sapphire in 1984.  It was later upgraded to the vacuum platter.  With a SAEC 407 arm and Dynavector 20x2 HOMC, the sound for years was much better than any digital source I had. 
However, with the acquisition of an upgraded Oppo 103D a few years ago, less and less was I able to discern a superior sound with the TT.  Now, with the introduction of Tidal and Spotify, I find myself listening mostly to streaming music, as well as from jazz stations like KNKX and KCSM.  And of course my large CD collection.

It was the end of an era when the buyer picked up the SOTA rig this week, which has left me with a lot of fond memories of the decades I spent with the very fine analogue set up. I am perplexed that there is still so much interest in TT, but am aware that using a TT provides a more participatory audio experience than simply streaming music or storing all your music on music server.  Cheers, Whitestix
whitestix
@whitestix
Yes a very important point I entirely agree on...being able to hear albums I might have bought on Tidal first to find that a lot I would not now bother to buy. And if I am on the fence over any I just save as a favourite and listen again at my convenience.
I did stump up for the top tier $20 a month on Tidal and really glad I did.
Also allows me to listen to stuff I never even knew existed!
Certainly convenient....
In audio there is no best, only a best for you.  I may disagree with your premise, but that does not make you wrong. 
Dear @lewm : """ Raul, will you be moving over to a digital forum any time soon? """

Please let me know why should do I ?. The great opportunity that audio forums gives to all of us is to share and read several audio topics where many times we have no deep experiences with and permit to all of us LEARN about things that we just can’t even imagine are in the day by day audio world hobby. All these happens because the imnherent liberty that exist all over the free world.

I know that digital and SS electronic technologies goes against your " believes " but you are a very wise man/audiophile that already knows the superiority of both: digital and SS vs analog/LP and tubes but you just can’t accept it and I wonder why is that when I know for sure you are and have good common sense because it’s only this human been characteristic what we need to take in count that superiority.

All that " romantic " histories that we analog lovers always have are only histories way out of reality. Accept the TRUE is not easy, changes always means a hard pain for each one of us not only in audio but in our day by day life.

I said that sooner or latter my analog hardware will goes in the mean time I will listen to both alternatives. The one that never come back to me are those tubes because has not any relationship with the quality performance level ( I talking top quality levels. ) in any true audiophile/music lover home audio system.

I know that exist several audiophiles that just don’t post his preferences with today alternative but here you can count some of them and are welcomed as you are welcomed to share what you want it.

Lewm, you will never enjoy the digital alternative till you ACCEPT it. This subject it’s not on what we like and what we don’t like, the main subject is: TODAY REALITY, TODAY AUDIO DEVELOPMENT and all we can’t close our eyes/ears to that TRUE.

No one of us are stupid blind/deaf human been.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Lewn you hit the nail on the head.  Having a debate with people who believe SS and digital sound more like REAL music than Vinyl and Tubes, well you do the math.  Why anyone would come on a Vinyl forum and try to convert our poor souls to digital and solid state is beyond me.

I realize this is a mad hatter party which I am intruding on, but I could not help myself. Texture, tone, decay, attack, detail are words I seldom hear on these forums.  I hear black background, crisp high, detail detail detail, sound stage etc...  

I do listen to my highly modified 2A3 tube transformer output CD player when I am building my tone arms, turntables, and tube gear.  Not going to get up every 20 minutes.

Enjoy the ride
Tom