iPod/ITouch direct digital connection to a DAC

Any suggestion for an iPod dock that will take direct digital to a DAC?  I have not found any that are currently available on the market.  I tried a Pro-Ject Dock Box S Digital but for some reason the unit kept rebooting my iPod every hour or so; I sent it back.  Pure i20 and Wadia 171i no longer available either.  I am now using the iPod dock for my iTouch6 but would really like to bypass the internal DAC in the iTouch and use my McIntosh D150 for converting.  Thank you in advance for all replies.
miner42

Isn’t the so called camera adaptor cable the same cable used in charging port? If so, are you saying it can deliver digital audio signal into an external DAC?

Another question: Assuming this connection (to external DAC) somehow works, does it  allow streaming music or it only supports playing music files such as iTunes, etc.?

The camera adapter works for streaming and music from iTunes, etc.

The only time I've encountered it not working, is if the external DAC needs to be powered by the USB from a computer.  Most phones, tablets, ect. don't offer enough power.

"Are you using iTunes? If yes, make sure that the output is set to the D150."

Yes, using iTunes.  Not sure what I meant by this statement - output set to D150.