Review Audioquest Hurricane (part 2)

AudioFacts frequently tests new products. Because for us this remains one of the most beautiful parts of our beloved profession. Our drive for perfection keeps us sharp because we're always looking for new products for our customers. During all our testing over the past nearly 20 years we rarely discover a product which surpasses all our expectations.

Thanks to Tru-Fi we can understand all the properties and talents of Audioquest cables optimally so we can use them all. It makes the impact of a power cable so much greater. The way we use a powercable, it becomes just as important as a component.

The Hurricane immediately shows that it lives up to its name. From the first moment on you realize that you are listening to something really special. This cable overwhelms you with its utmost precision and speed. The music you know well directly sounds 2 levels higher from the beginning.

Constantly there is that surprise during listening and the big smile on your face.

In timing and speed the Hurricane made a huge step compared to the Audioquest NRG-1000 and also other more expensive power cables. Each attack is so much faster (and shorter). All your music is being played with significantly more grip and AUTHORITY. We never encountered this degree in ease and additional control (due to a powercable) in this price range before.

You can even observe more diversity (layering) in sound. Diversity in sound is the most determining factor that influences the human emotion. Voices turn out to have more layers than we thought. Instruments gain a more natural and realistic sound. And voices become silky and more fluid than ever before.

The degree of 3-dimensionality of the sound image becomes larger. Since 2009 AudioFacts creates and sells only a 3-dimensional sound stage. Because humans also experience and perceive sound in a 3D spectrum. Thanks to the increase in resolution the stage becomes deeper and wider. Making voices and instruments more apparent and free from each other. So you can even walk through the recording during listening.

Voices and instruments are even more compact and therefore more intimate. The physical tangibility of both voices as instruments are even more authentic. In reality both voices as instruments are played very directly and displayed in small proportion.

Thanks to a lower noise floor the Hurricane creates an even better black level. This is the space between the voices and instruments of a recording. When the sound becomes more tangible and more voices and instruments get a stature (shape), we speak of a higher black level.

What also impressed us with the Hurricane is the huge increase in resolution (details) which can now be perceived. The space in which the recording is made is now very easily observable. Also the articulation of voices becomes more clearly audible. Even the decay around voices and instruments becomes clearly observable.

Regarding to the frequency range you immediately hear that the response of both the Monitor Audio Pl-500 as the Platinum subwoofer goes even deeper than before. You feel the increase in power and energy of the low frequencies. When the low frequency range of an audio system increases, often the degree of emotion becomes larger. In addition you can even hear an increase of information and layers in the middle and high frequencies.

Thanks to our research and developedment of Statement Audio Pro-measurement, differences in height of voices and instruments become more clear to observe. This allows you to better perceive the harmony of voices and instruments together. It makes the music more emotional and intense. The Hurricane creates an even higher degree in diversity of the height of voices and instruments.

It is more than clear that Audioquest have made a big step with the Hurricane power cable. At the price of 1599 euro (for 1 meter) we have never auditioned a power cable of this unique and high quality.

The impact and influence of the Hurricane in an audio system is rather big and decisive. And it makes clear more than ever that power cables should be an essential component in any audio system. The price of 1599 euro (for 1 meter) is more than justified by the large step in quality gained.

128x128bo1972

willemj
I think I agree with cleeds here. I am sure there are some neurotics ’upgrading’ continuously, but there are also many like me who keep much of their gear for years or even decades. Numbers would be hard to come by, but my hunch would be that the most vocal upgraders may also well be the minority. But who knows?

>>>>>I’m going to go out on a limb here and speculate that those audiophiles who found their own little Audio Nirvana back in the 80s and who missed almost the entire audio revolution are in the minority. It’s a little bit like coming face to face with Rip Van Winkle. 😛
bo1972, got to ask.. if you know it all, how come you don't put your knowledge together and build some great cables of your own and then market it.. you make a lot of money, right ? You said you been doing this research since 1998 and 20 years later, nothing ? I assume you have the knowledge to build cables ? since you bash everyone else' product they put out to market.. Then you can move up to putting out components..  
We will share some ideas with manufacturers this year. But......I do the things I love most.

I love the art of sound&vision. This means I create sound&vision on properties. This is where I am at good at and I would never want to focus on just one part in audio.

Both sound&vision is all about emotion. We want people to feel all the emotion of the music or a movie. We don’t sell products by trial and error. No we create sound&vision by properties.

This is a totally different world than the inferior limited trail and error world. For a perfectionist there is no room for error and no room for inferior products. It is not acceptable!

A perfectionist hates inferior products, based on the fact that they limit other people in the endresult what they own. It is difficult to understand for ’normal’ people to have an idea how extreme perfectionists think and work. It goes so much further into details that you can imagine.

This is what I created and people have to pay when they want to use it. I will not give anything away for free. I put so much effort and time to be able to see this far into details in both sound&vision.

I don’t blame people that they cannot understand it. But.....I want to protect people who spend a lot of money on sound&vision. Because I think they deserve the best for their hard earn money they spend on audio.

I think we do so much more for our clients than any other company does. We are there for them 24 hours a day. I go through a line of fire for all my clients. We take great care for all our clients. Even for things what has nothing to do with audio.

I want the audioworld to work harder for their clients with more respect and dedication. I have seen to many people in almost 20 years who where screwed by other audio companies. I know exactley where I am talking about.

We work a lot togheter with people who have their own speciality in just one part. I love people who are superior in a special part. I communicate a lot with these people.

At the end you are not alone in this world. And togheter you are so much stronger. A perfectionist wants to control things to the max. A ’normal’ person will never have the drive and insight to go this far. Not even 1%.

It needs to become better over and over and over again. The great thing about Tru-Fi is that is gives me so much insight in both sound and vision. I can improve it all the time because I create new information all the time. I am addicted in creating sound&vision and bring it to an even higher level.

It does not cost energy at all, this is not my work or hobby. It goes so much further than that. It has become a part of who I am as a perspon. It is like my second nature. The speed I see patterns makes me create a higher level all the time.

This energy is unlimited!