Best used or new DAC under $3500

What would be the best DAC for under $3500, new or used? I currently use the Chord Dave and I LOVE it. However, I'm looking to downgrade to save some dough. Some reference points:

1) Yggdrasil:  Sold it as the staging was too narrow/flat and it seemed a little lifeless
2) Ayre QB-9 DSD: Feel its a bit too bright/tizzy - at this point I'm done trying Sabre DACs.

Can anyone recommend a DAC that is not a mainstream sabre chip based DAC? I dont mind it if its an older generation or vintage DAC either - Just something I can get for under $3500. I don't want a discussion to defend Sabre DACs please.

Thanks!

jozurr
I'm not sure what you have against the Sabre chip, because the Auralic Vega is as good as any and better than most of the units listed. It is available at Audio Advisor now for under $ 2,300.00.
Charles thanks and I almost bought that Reimyo before I put the bid in on my current AN DAC. The K2 remasters are amongst my all time favorite jazz re-issues.  The first time I read a review, of the initial  Reimyo CD player, I was deep in audio lust. Then I saw the DAC, I am sure it sounds fantastic. And agreed so many good DACs and one of the great things about evolving digital technology so many great used DACs!
Re: Sabre DACs, I haven't auditioned any in home. However I have heard the Auralic DACs in a few different systems and they all had a "HiFi" sound to them that I do not find natural or enjoyable. I can't say for sure it was the Auralic but my gut tells me it had at least a little to do with it, so I think I understand where the OP is coming from.
"genez48 posts01-19-2018 10:37pmJozurr? When was the time you heard the Yggdrasil?
This is brand new news....    http://www.schiit.com/about/news/yggdrasil-refined "

The guy specifically said he is not interested in an yggdrasil... 
Why must you bother? 

Go back to that soap opera of a thread at headfi you so love posting on... 

The world does not revolve around schiit... 

Nothing personal... Just saying... 

I had the opportunity to hear the Auralic Vega DAC in a friend’s system that I’m extremely familiar with. I thought it was a pretty good sounding DAC but bettered by the Modwright Oppo and the Yamamoto YDA-01A DAC in comparison. I liked the Holo Audio level 3 DAC a bit more as well. I will be the first to acknowledge that these are simply my personal listening impressions.

I’ve heard the Reimyo DAC and Border Patrol DAC as well but in entirely different systems. This makes extrapolation difficult but my gut feeling is that I’d prefer both of these to the Auralic Vega. Subjective? Absolutely. Someone else could have the opposite listening impression .
Charles