Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I believe they sold off their manufacturing equipment for the most part when they moved to TN.  Maybe they could join up with Tyler for the cabinets?  Was the 2.7/3.7 driver made in China?  I seem to remember reading that somewhere.  I wonder how much it actually costs.  My 3.7s are an early pair, SN around 40/41.  I actually blew a midrange and even though I bought the speakers used they sent me a new one for free.  I haven't read about anybody else blowing one, though, so I'm thinking it's pretty rare. 
Good news for Thiel owners!

Yesterday after the news about Thiel closing, I’d sent Rob Gillum an email inquiring about about replacement drivers for my 2.7s.

I received his reply today.

Rob will be taking over the THIEL Service department - as previous posts have suggested  - and so servicing/parts will continue to be available for our legacy Thiel speakers.

Boy was that a relief!

It really is great news that Rob will apparently continue. Frankly, Kentucky service dept was the only reason I was in the least bothered about Thiel Audio continuing.

Good to see all of you guys. Excellent news and developments on all fronts regarding Thiel Customer Service Kentucky.  May we all continue to enjoy our beloved loudspeakers!

Happy Listening!

Much Thanks! for the follow up- tmsrgd.

Mr. Gillum is a class act.

Happy Listening!