What's Next

Looking for recommendations for speakers to listen to as possible replacements for my Monitor Audio PL 500's? My room is 20' X 26'.
ricred1
pops,
Thanks for the compliment! I haven't decided on a speaker change. I was thinking out loud and posted a question looking for suggestions on speakers to "listen" to as possible replacements. It's been a couple of weeks and I'm keeping my speakers.
leeagc,

It was very nice talking to you last night. Thanks so much for the links!
Although it seems you have chosen to forgoe the loud speaker shuffle for the moment in your last post I’d offer these suggestions as alteriors.

Are you at the top of the Monitor Audio food chain? I’d think the default move would be to step up in that line a bit more. Or a lot more, given you like what you’re getting now but want something well, er, more.

If however it is different that you seek. Sticking around the same level of kit in other brands ought to give you plenty to consider.
Might be all ya need is to add a sub or two.

Thru the years, what I’ve come to grasp is eyeing items well above my available retail funding and looking at those used items in great condition I’d likely not be able to buy new has to be addressed before I can make a solid decision. Ala, $40 K to $50K sp[krs for 20 – 30K. or the like.

Could be too, just another amp or another amp type, might settle things for ya.

I found in myself, changing from what I enjoy to something new or merely different usually winds up being quite close to what I had just a while ago, sonically speaking, ‘cept with different names on it all. The only time things got really different was when I went from all SS to tube pre and SS amp initially, but later to an all Tube setup. Something in ultra linear so mating up with speakers was not the ordeal it could have been with SET or SET-ish tube amps which would have demanded much higher eff speakers.

I found it more than interesting what a quality tube amp putting out 60wpc or more could yield without swaping out speakers.

I feel you have more options than you think you do at the moment.

They include making siggnificant upgrades in wires as was said. IMO I tend to agree, $5K or more for a freaking wire is a tuff pill to swallow. That was of course, until I heard what $10K worth of wires and a $1300 USB to SPDIF converter actually did to the sound. It was a 2K SPDIF; 4K power cord; and a pr of 4K ICs. Analog wires were both Nordost. The DATA line was one I simply do not recall but resembled a tiny thin metal wire.

It was a startling performance increase. Unquestionably!

Good luck.

The new Maggnepan 30.7 is receiving awesome reviews and fits within your budget , I would think it is well worth a listen.
Thanks to everyone that took the time to respond. I'm keeping my speakers, but I will continue to tweak my system.