Who do you like for equipment mods?

For amps and preamps, I highly recommend Bob Backert at RHB Sound Dezigns. He’s very friendly to do business with, turnaround time is always as promised, and his prices are very fair. He is thorough and systematic in talking through work to be done.

He’s modded my Pass Labs Xono which now sounds so much better I’ve stopped listening to CDs. He’s best known for tube work. He fixed my Counterpoint SA 20 hybrid power amp without schematics - a favorite of mine. He’s also done a Pass XVR-1, a Threshold S/550e and some work on my Pass Labs X0.2. He's in PA outside of Philly. Check out his website.

For vintage tuners, you can't go wrong with Ken Bernacky at Stereo Surgeons in the Hartford CT area. He's been doing this forever, he gives you before and after specs, he's really thorough and he gets equipment sent to him from all over the world! If you meet him in person you're in for a treat. See a reference on TIC (tuner Information center website or check out his website).

Who do you like????

Barry
barrysandy
Rick Schultz at EVS (Electronic Visionary Systems) is a controversial, adventurous modifier. Frank Van Alstine is a more traditional engineer, with a solid ee background and education. I don't know if he is still offering his Dynaco mods, but they are great.
barrysandy
Who do you like for equipment mods?

Modder's that publicly give the technical reasons why their mod betters what they are removing, and what they are putting in it's place, and what/why this may do better for the sound.

Cheers George
Are there any in Texas? I would like to personally deliver and pick up my Hafler to be modded rather that risk shipping it? 
For Adcom and Hafler gear I recommend John Hillig of Musical Concepts. This sage has been around since the 80’s and his work has been reviewed by among others Absolute Sound and Stereophile. I just got my Adcom 750 back after the Elite Mod and it’s a whole different animal. John also did my Adcom 555  back in  82 which I still have and still works. I still have my modified Magnavox 650 cd player too.
Yes I have moved on to another amp and cd player but for their day they were worth the investment.