why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters
Absolutely! not- GK
one cannot put a price (no pun) on any cable or cord, IMO.

Happy Listening!
zephyr24069. 1,141 posts. 12-03-2017 8:34am

"...There seems to be a downturn/trend on Audiogon over the last couple of years and this thread and others like it which are indicative of the moving away from people helping each other to the best of their ability to a forum where people like to stir the pot, criticize others and hide behind their moniker...."

+1..... Nailed it!! The quoted prior post characterization above of the OP is the hallmark and embodiment of an internet troll post.

Internet "troll" per Wikipedia:

"....In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement...."

To the Forum Moderators

12 pages in: .... don’t feed the troll. Please Kill this thread .
akg_ca: Well said and quoted!!!!!  If this thread and few others were tailed off, that would be a good things. Now, I shall commence to do my part :-) and stop responding (for now!)
Decades ago it use to make the plate in my head itch anytime I would read some magazine review pushing ever more expensive wire and cheerlead on by the writer and blessed by the editor  

.Today with $20,000 interconnects and $13,000 power cords I now realize I was in the wrong business,,