Advice from members

I have just started putting my first system together and have been enjoying it for about 6 months or so and am starting to research what I should upgrade in the current system next. I am looking to improve both clarity and soundstage. This is what I am currently running, the biggest and most noticable difference to date has come with the introduction of room correction via the Dspeaker Dual Core. Here is the current setup. I am debating on simplifying by going to a all in one solution like a Anthem STR integrated OR introducing a higher quality DAC into the current system:
  • Source: Innuos Music Server (MINI MK2) running Roon server and being used as a player
  • DAC/Preamp/Room Correction - Antimode Dual Core. - To leverage the best input on the dual core I am using a Musical Fidelity VLINK USB to SPDIF (24/96) converter
  • AMP - Using a Jolida 1501P Hybrid AMP
  • Speakers - ELAC Unifi UF5 Floor Standing with a ORB Audio 200 watt Sub that is corrected via the Dual Core.
I am wondering what the weakest link the chain is and the one I should look at upgrading next.
Many thanks in advance, looking forward to everyones feedback.
palakapatel
Yes I use the mains and sub in one correction.  What I am after is greater clarity without the sound sounding too harsh, which is the case when I increase the highs(treble), and looking for the mids to sound less muddy.
Very nice! palakapatel-

I can only vouch for the Anthem 225 Integrated amp, it is a power house at its spec'd rating.  The new STR integrated is a sure enough power beast according to its specs.  I will stay tuned.

Happy Listening!
I think folks are saying that room treatment isn’t finished with the DSPeaker. Acoustic treatments always work to improve....everything.

That said, you’re calling out harsh treble and muddy mids at higher volumes - this could be reflections, or just bad speakers, tbh. Try toeing the tweeters out a few degrees at a time, see it that helps with the treble. Muddy mids points to your amp not fitting great with your speakers. Have you auditioned anything else? I know Elac are FOTM with many reviewers...I must admit there's little that appeals to me in their range of aluminium drivers with cheap crossovers.
It is not so easy to decide if you really have a problem. Go to a live concert of classical music and you will discover that music is not always so clear, and can even sound harsh. Did you measure the frequency response at higher frequencies (your Dual Core can do that)?
Without further information my provisional diagnosis is that the biggest improvement can be had from buying some really nice speakers in a rather different price bracket. Harbeth speakers, for example, excell with their clarity and non fatiguing sound.