Ayre introduces the AX-8 integrated amp

Ayre Acoustics introduces the brand new 8 Series Components. The 8 series will fit into their product range below the new 5 series, taking the place of the discontinued 9 and 7 series and the older 5 series products. The price range of the 8 series is planned to be between $2,500 - $8,000 US Retail.

The first two products which are showing in Munich are the AX-8 integrated amplifier (with digital inputs including streaming) and the QX-8 digital hub (also with streaming) and like all Ayre components, they will be hand-built in Boulder, CO.

https://wizard-highend.blogspot.com/2017/05/ayre-ax-8-qx-8.html?m=1

http://ciamara.com/new-ayre-8-series-components-coming-fall/

hgeifman
As above-
Simaudio has been making Integrated amps for quite a while now.
Those models seem to have high power ratings as well.

Happy Listening!
how do you like the AX-5 ? Can this model upgrade to AX-5 twenty?
Holy cow, I freaking love it!

The two best amps I've ever heard are the Ayre MX-R and ARC Reference 250. Well, it's more accurate to say that those were the amps in the two best *systems* I've heard. Anyhow, when I heard an AX-5, I thought it captured most of the magic of the MX-R/KX-R combo. Again, not a proper trial wherein all other factors were equal but that AX-5 driven system was singing superbly well.

I actually have the Twenty version, just too lazy to always type it out. But, yes, original AX-5s can be upgraded to current production (for the price difference between the two versions). I really appreciate that Ayre let's you upgrade at a modest cost rather than have to buy a whole new unit each time the performance is increased.

I'm quite certain it's my last amp.
The AX5 can be upgrade to AX5/20 for about $3K.  I have an AX5/20 driving a set of Vandersteen Treo CTs and this combination sounds awesome, phenominal soundstage, very natural and musical.  The details and instrument separation is exceptional.  Honestly, I haven't hear a ton of amps, but the AX5/20 is one of the best amps either integrated or separates that I've heard.  There are plenty of great sounding amps out there.  You know you got something special when the itch to upgrade goes away. :)    For now, I'm very happy and content. 
@nycjlee I would love to hear your system. I imagine it's awesome! I just went from from 2Ce Sig IIs to Thiel CS2.4SE. I am super happy. There is no audible output below about 30 cycles but the sonics are nearly flawless otherwise. Probably image density is not on par with the super-speakers out there (eg, Vandersteen 7), but the resolution, transparency, and neutrality are near SOTA. I'm guessing the Treo CT is close to this level, too.