Recording streamed music off the internet onto C.D.?

I'm thinking about buying a c.d. recorder to record some music but I have some questions first.  I would be buying it mainly to record music off of an internet radio station that I would not otherwise have access to (dj sets with no track listings...).  The thought of having a c.d. recorder brings me to another question though; if I were to record m.q.a. tracks straight from Tidal, why would they not be high resolution?  And lastly, what are the laws regarding recording music off of a site that you've paid to have access to?  
128x128b_limo
I don't think this would be possible pretty sure you can only rip files that are actually in your possession. Not to mention it's certainly illegal as well.
I record orchestral concert streams from my Cambridge CXN. I use the analog output feeding a portable Edirol recorder, then take the memory card to my computer for a little processing. The Edirol has the ability to record 24/96, but I don't bother going that high because most of the streams are 128-192 bit mp3 streams. I can stream Tidal to my CXN, so I guess I could record their MQA at 24/96, but yes that would be illegal. Your recordings to a CD player would top out at 16/44, as that is the resolution spec for CDs. That's why they wouldn't be high rez.