Upgrade from clearaudio concept MC cart

The clearaudio concept MC v1 cart is the lone holdover from my previous system (well, other than the dual rhythmik e15 subs) and I’m curious as to how much more I can expect from the following carts or carts in similar price ranges. The one cart similarly priced to the concept is the audio Technica Art9 but everyone just raves about it being the equal of carts double its price so it’s in the running.

Let me say too that the concept mc is no slouch and having been retipped by needleclinic it may be even better than before. I am enjoying my stereo more now than ever but we always want to eek out that last bit of quality.

Current system:

philharmonic bmr speakers
rhythmik e15 subs x 2
van Alstine Synergy amp
nuprime dac10 (pre and dac)
musical surr. Nova II phono pre
Nottingham 294 w/ 12" ace space arm
boston audio mat1 (platter mat)
clear Day double shotgun speaker cables
audio art ic3se interconnects
gik room treatments

carts im interested in: 

AT Art9
Charisma MC2
Charisma Ref 1 or 2
Kiseki Blue NS
Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Clearaudio Charisma v2 MM

joegator81
Slightly off topic but I found the Boston Mat to damp the music to such a point as to remove critical information from the system. As a quick test, try removing it and replacing it with a vinyl record.

"The one cart similarly priced to the concept is the audio Technica Art9 but everyone just raves about it being the equal of carts double its price so it’s in the running"

joegator81-
If your phono stage has enough gain(65-70) you may also want to include the ART 7. It's very low output. One can be found for a few bucks less than the ART9. Typically found on Ebay.

Different build, possibly more refined with certain music. Been enjoying my ART 9 for a few years.
My sense of the Charisma is that it is more refined than the Maestro but my experience with the Maestro is limited to demos in my dealers showroom so I cannot really articulate the differences between them. It’s also been at least 3 years since I have heard a Maestro.

You might want to ping Nick at the Audio Connection. He is a real expert on turntables and cartridges and can probably tell you much more than I can. Garth at MS is also a great resource and can surely give you a detailed comparison between the two.

From personal experience I did compare the V1 Maestro to the Benz Glider and preferred the Benz, which I bought and owned for 5 years. Overall I prefer MC to MM. The Charisma struck me as a great alternative and I haven’t been tempted to use a MM for at least 20 years. I did seriously consider it, it was that good, but in the end went with the AMG Teatro MC. Again, listening is your best indicator since we all have different listening priorities and different systems, rooms, etc.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. 

Jockey, the Nova 2 tops out at 60 so the art7 is a no go. 

Noromance, when I replaced the foam mat with the Boston audio mat1 I got the very opposite of what you heard - the acoustic guitar chords in nutshell from Alice In Chains unplugged now had separation between each string where before you just heard the chord, kind of like turning up the treble and turning down the bass on an acoustic guitar amp. Positively unsubtle. Dean Peers bass on airborne has a delay that extends outside of the speakers and the detail of the notes are much easier to decipher. Again, not subtle. I haven't tried vinyl, if I find a piece flat enough I might give it a shot though 
I'll add zyx to the list: 

Bloom 3 on the lower end 

Ultimate 100h a little further up the line