Jadis DA60 with Separate Preamp

Can theJadis DA60 work with a separate preamp?
gmbt2k
@trelja Thanks I love my amp and I've listened to a 45 pp amp from them it was fantastic but I thought a bit too detailed for my setup at the time. I went with the EL34 because it sounds good and it's cheap to retube.

Sounds like you have quite the collection I wish I had the space, and budget, for a collection of amps! And Quad ESL57's what a classic! One of the best things to happen to me as an audiophile is living 15 minutes from Vu's shop!
Cheers,
Jon
Hi trelja,  do you have the DA60 user manual?  I still would like to try to connect a preamp to it.  Thanks
@gmbt2K Sorry, I don't have a user manual.  I also bought my DA60 used, and it had some issues to work through at the time.

To do what you intend, I would think you simply run the preamp through the tape monitor inputs.

If you contact Jadis directly to request the user manual, they seem to respond very well to what I've asked.  In fact, Patrick himself has corresponded with me.  Please let us know how it goes with them
Thanks, I've already sent email over.  On the back of my unit, there are 2 pairs of "PREAMP IN", wish I can send you the picture.  I hope Jadis can respond to my email.
Wondering if you received a response from Jadis?

On my DA60, beginning in the center of the amplifier and moving through the RCA jacks out toward the end, the first pair is "TAPE OUT", the next pair is "TAPE IN".  Not saying you shouldn't wait for the factory's reply, but that second set looks like the safest to try to connect your preamplifier.  We CAN exchange photos via email, if you prefer.

Again, curious to hear your impressions of what the Hovland provides and takes away from the overall presentation.

GOOD LUCK!