Has anyone purchased the new Elac Adante floorstanders yet?

I’m considering auditioning them vs. my Goldenear Triton Ones. The Tritons are clean and solid sounding, but seem to lack some sparkle, air and detail in my system. Have Cary SLP-05 preamp and Passlabs XA60.5 amps.  Room is 25 ft x 15 ft x 10 ft, and very open.
Think the Adantes may be more coherent and live sounding, without sacrificing any bass.
opinions?
ps: I get better sound in a much smaller room with a Rogue Cronus Magnum II and Audio Physic Scorpios. Go figure. — could be the “near field” effect.
cakids
What are you using for cables and source?

We haven't heard the Adante's but they are using a soft dome tweeter, I doubt they will have better treble, they also won't go as low.

If you are looking at a similar bass response with more detail look at a Legacy Signature, quite remarkable for the money.

You may also want to increase your budget and move into the $10k price range which will  better match the quality of your other components.

My take is warm preamp, warm amp, cables and source no idea and the Triton's do tend to be on the warm side with an over abundance of bass. 

So yeah that system should or could be a bit on the boring and recessed side.

Other speakers to look at the new Magico A3 and the Paradigm Persona 3F which are detail and holography monsters. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Thanks for the comments, Audiotroy.
Speaker cables - Acoustic Zen Hologram II
Interconnects - mostly Kimber Silverstreak, also Crystal Cable
front end - Roon on laptop into Ayre Codex dac. Tube-modified Marantz SA-11. Oracle Delphi Mark V with Sumiko arm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue and EAR phono preamp.
Second system has Aurender N100H feeding a Mytek Brooklyn dac. Plays Tidal with MQA. Also has less costly phono and CD.
LPs are the best sounding source on both systems but digital is very close.

I heard the Elac briefly at a dealer demo last year, and was impressed.

The Elacs are going to be good, I would really recommend moving to that next level, as your components warrant it. 

You can get a way better dac, then the Codex, a T plus A DAC 8DSD will make a noticable improvement. 

For an experiment try the Brooklyn in place of the Codex. I am willing one of the reasons you like your less expensive rig is the Brooklyn.

I would also replace your speaker cables and interconnects, one cardinal rule is to have the same cables for the amp to preamp and preamp to dac, also which usb cable are you using?

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

I’m thinking the "lack some sparkle, air and detail" is due to the mismatch of your preamp and power amp. The Cary and Pass appear to be matched looking at listed specifications, however measurements in the Stereophile reviews tell a different story. Generally the input impedance of the amp should be at least 10 times greater than the output impedance of the preamp, and many say it is safer to have that difference even higher, as in 20 times greater. The measured input impedance of the XA60.5 is 17k ohms. The measured output impedance of SLP-05 rises as frequency increases to 3400 ohms at 20k Hz. So at that frequency, the difference is only a multiple of 5.

A few years ago, I had a tube preamp and tried different amps with it due to this matching issue. Surprisingly, an amp with much less power and excellent matching sounded more dynamic, lively, and had sparkle (to use your term) than a more powerful amp (4 times more) with poor matching. Poor matching will cause the sound to be lifeless and dull.

Before trying different speakers or anything else in your system, I would try a different preamp, one that is properly matched to the Pass. Trying anything else would be like chasing after the end of a rainbow. It’s always best to correct problems first.

Thanks to these suggestions, I will try moving various eqipment from the less expensive rig to the main system, as an experiment. If the Cronus Magnum improves the sound, then preamp/amp is the culprit, for example. If nothing improves it, then it’s most likely the room itself, the speakers or cabling.
All this will take some doing, so I probably won’t get to it for a week or so.

Don’t want to add significant $$ to system at this time.

I still would like to hear from an actual Elac Adante owner, though.