Harbeth C7ES3 vs Spendor SP2/3R2

I recently acquired some beautiful Harbeth C7ES3 stand mount speakers and some Sound Anchor stands.

I normally wouldn't purchase speakers unheard, but I went against my own advice this time and let all the internet hype sway my risky decision.

The Harbeths are currently in the break-in period, and so far I'm not terribly impressed. In fact, the only trait I prefer over my MA Silver 8s is the midrange tone, everything else is inferior thus far.

I realize that comparing some medium sized, metal cone floor standers to BBC style 2-ways is apples to oranges, but I was really hoping the Harbeths would captivate me, if by completely different merits. 

I hope that some break-in will change my view in the coming days. However, the dealer I bought these from claims that the Spendor SP2/3R2 might be the better speaker for my room and preferences. The Spendors are another $500 on top of the Harbeths which already stretched my budget.

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone here has compared these two models and can give me some feedback.

I think I'd be very pleased with the Spendors if they offered better bass extension and dynamics over the Harbeths.

I know this is all subjective, but the dealers near me have trouble accommodating in-home trials. They're nice guys but very busy. 

helomech
Historically, if you appreciate non-exempt tonal accuracy and overall " concert hall" balance SPENDOR will do it a bit more realistically than the Harbeth, generally speaking. Since the original BC1 in 1970, the midrange, even with the New Company models are hard to resist in a BOX loudspeaker!
I have the Spendor SP2/3R2 loudspeakers in a room approximately 20 x 14, with the speakers positioned along the long wall. They sound as natural as the day is long and produce a full satisfying low end, maybe not the last word in tauntness, but again, natural. If you attend live acoustic music performances you understand how the low frequencies “connect” with the room and fill the space. That’s what these two-ways do better than most. I am driving them with a pair of Bel Canto Ref 600 mono amplifiers and it’s a perfect match. Just sounds like music to me. Hope this helps.
@vdotman 

I still have the SP2/3R2s. I agree with your assessment. Their bass isn't as punchy as I was accustomed to with other speakers, but as you noted, it's very natural. I now have them paired with a Yamaha integrated, a perfect match to my ears.

If I ever upgrade, it'll be to the larger Spendor Classic models. The SP100s are still the best I've heard, regardless of price.
Harbeth 7es3 love a great solid state preamp.  The definition really came out when I switched to the c52 with my mc452.  The c2200 made the bass to muddy sounding.  Imo no to tubed with the c7es3.  Also the Atc 19's I found had no bass at all.   Try a album with known great bass.  Talking Heads Speaking in Tongues is a great album for testing.  Bad recordings might sound worse imo.  Same with Atc they can expose flaws.