Added value of separate server?

I run Roon core in an iMac.  Files I've ripped or downloaded, along with those from Tidal, are sent via ethernet to an Ayre QX-5 Twenty DAC that connects to a KX-5 Twenty preamp.  That setup seems able to deliver superb sound, e.g., the DSD file of "Take Five" downloaded from Acoustic Sounds sounds a bit superior to the SACD played using my Ayre C-5xeMP.  What value might there be to adding something like an Aurender N10 streamer?

db
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
@dbphd 
Bluesound Node 2 doesn’t have a Hard Drive storage.  For storage and CD ripping the Bluesound Vault2 is required.  The Node 2 is a network player with a bypassable DAC.
  The Node 2 should be able to recognize your NAS or PC and play it.  There are many happy Audiogon users if you check the Forums.
i’ve only Used the Node in combination with the Vault so I can only speak to the abilities of the combo 
I think I've decided to skip the server, but move Roon core to an unused Mac Mini that could run near the Ayre QX-5 Twenty, perhaps in the same rack.  File transfer would still be via ethernet.  I plan to take the Mini to the shop tomorrow to have the memory expanded and most of the apps except for Safari stripped out.  Is there a problem with that plan?  Don't know how to move Roon core from the iMac to the Mini, but I expect to find out.

db
Hi williewonka: Which server grade hard drives did you upgrade to for your NAS? Are they as quiet as the hard drives that are sold as "NAS drives?