Store auditioning and then buying on-line from others. How do you feel about it ?

Doesn't look too pretty, but who cares, right ?
inna
as inna said, we're all nice and ethical on paper; when actual significant dollars are involved i'd suspect our standards become more flexible. for myself, as someone who provides service for a living i'm empathetic to the b&m retailers and, at least where they provide good advice and add real value, would pay a reasonable premium to patronize them. that said, i feel no moral compulsion to pay full retail at a generic big-box retailer simply because i auditioned the item there--they better price-match
I think, the idea of store financing is a good one, especially now. Even if I could pay, say, $16k for a new Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated I very unlikely would want to do it right away. You don't live without savings in this country. Five year financing on reasonable terms would be nice. I heard that in Germany they don't even have credit cards, all the financing goes thru stores. Unless it's changed.
Doesn't look too pretty, but who cares, right ?
Another asked and answered thread.
Are you asking to hear answers or answering to hear confirmation?
To your first question, it falls somewhere between bad form and stealing, IMO.
To your second question, my answer is "wrong."
"Who cares" is an unfortunate opinion.
Loathsome to go audition something already seen online, have the LAS give you its best advice, spend all day trying stuff out or even allowing a home audition, and buy somewhere else to save a few bucks, especially without giving the LAS a shot at coming close in price---double especially if the LAS is cool about questions and service concerns.
Totally agree. 
Item X available at a traditional store for $2,000, new with warranty, and available on line, new with warranty, for exactly 1/2 the price. As a consumer, are you obligated to sustain the brick and mortar retailer above your own pecuniary interests?
@zavato- Yours is a different issue.  At least as I understand it, OP was asking about using the LAS to audition equipment, with the INTENTION of buying elsewhere if the audition is satisfactory.  In that case, it matters not what the total cost or the cost differential is.  It's a form of theft...theft of services, theft of intellectual property. etc.  For which the sentence is 10 years home confinement with nothing to listen to but lossy, low bit-rate, auto-tuned Paris Hilton MP3s!