Store auditioning and then buying on-line from others. How do you feel about it ?

Doesn't look too pretty, but who cares, right ?
inna
I guess you can do it once at a given dealer but don't expect them to keep welcoming you back. In my experience treating dealers fairly serves you much better in the long run -- doesn't mean you have to spend all your $$ in once place but at least give them something for their time
Exactly. I would offer to pay for their time, I think a fair rate could easily be negotiated.
Post removed 
Mea Culpa, 
I heard the Ayre Codex at AudioConnection and bought a used unit here on Agon. I felt bad that I didn't give him a chance to sell me one.
In fact I bought all my equipment used- a lot of it from Johnny's customers. I couldn't afford it otherwise.
I try to buy what I can from him, like cables and accessories, but the big ticket items.... Oh well, you know. 
As a small business owner, I know how hard it is to make a living. Though I do try to steer as much business his way, as possible, through my posts.
For his part, John Rutan has been nothing but generous in dispensing advice and information. When I win the lottery, guess who I am going to buy from?
Bob