Vandersteen Treo Speaker Cable Suggestions

I recently purchased a demo pair of Vandersteen Treo (non CT), and am wondering what people recommend for bi-wired speaker cables? The Treos will be paired with a Hegel H-160 solid state integrated amp.

The dealer I am purchasing from has recommended Cardas Parsec speaker cables. Does anyone have experience with these? Would be very interested to hear what has worked for others. I'm excited to spend some time over the holidays with these awesome speakers!

(If helpful, my system includes a Rega Planar 3 w/ Dynavector 10x5 and LFD Phonostage LE with LFD interconnects.)

THANKS!

gritter2
gritter2,

I have two pairs of speaker terminals, so no problem here.  In your circumstance you can stack the spades (Clear Day cables are terminated in relatively thin but high quality silver spades). What you could ask Paul is if he can run both pairs of Double Shotguns into one pair of spades at the amp end.  Note:  Paul uses smaller high quality silver spades at the speaker end to accommodate to the terminal strip at the back of the Treos as it is hard to fit full size spades.  In other words, if you call Paul and discuss it, he will tell you what he can do.

As you can tell from your thread, Paul's cables mate well to Vandersteen's as many of us have had the good fortune to use them in our systems. I would strongly suggest you give Paul a call and chat with him.  At worst, you'll have an enjoyable conversation.  He will be straight with you and not pitch his cables.  They speak for themselves. 👍

All the best! 

looks like Clear Day plans to be up and running January
you are welcome to borrow the 12’ LFD i mentioned till you can get his cables....

thin spades are good, you want what is called a gas tight connection stacking is acceptable but you will need to be hyper vigilant to maintain a great snug connection

if Paul can terminate the two runs into single spades at the amp end that is by far preferrable
@tomic601 Thanks for the generous offer!

I will be reaching out to Paul shortly to see what he can do and will report back.
(((I have Vandersteen 5A's with Ayre and am using ClearDay double run biwire.....have tried LOTS of different - Cardas (worst), Audioquest, Kimber, AntiCable, etc.,etc, and none was nearly as good as the Clear Day.)))

Stringeen ,
 Did you actually ever experience or have any of the latest
  Audio Quest DBW DBS cables in your system?
   Best,
 JohnnyR