New Vandersteens or something else?

I'm starting to think about new speakers. I've been running Vandersteen 2Ce Sig II since 2008. I love these but also know they are the weak link in my system (mostly Ayre electronics). At RMAF a few years ago, Richard Vandersteen told me he had upgraded the midrange in the 2s and that I would be pretty happy to just buy the latest iteration. Have any of you compared the original Sig II to the new version with the woven midrange (I think these came out ca. 2012)?

What about the latest 2Ce Sig II compared to the latest 3A Sig? What do you get other than more bass and an even larger monolith?

I would consider other brands but strongly prefer to stay US-made or, at least, from countries with protections for workers and the environment. If cost were no object, I would get one of the Vivid Giyas or Vandersteen 7. With a $15K budget, I would get Vivid B1s. The Vandersteen Treo (IMO, the best looking speaker Vandersteen has ever made) is almost within my budget but I'm hoping to get a worthwhile upgrade for $5K or less. Others on my short list are the Paradigm 85F (Canada) or, maybe, the Revel F206 or F208 (Indonesia). Some KEF models are interesting with the coincident tweeter/midrange but these are made in China and the Stereophile reviewer was underwhelmed with HF performance.

Thoughts?

beetlemania
Vandys also one of my faves and tough to not just say move on up to Treos.  If you haven't heard them before, you might give ProAc and Joseph Audio a listen just for reference if nothing else.
I've heard the non-CT Treo and loved it. I'm sure I'd be very happy but that would really push my budget as I save for retirement. Joseph is probably beyond my budget.
get a set of used Vandersteen Treos - people are always moving up to Quatros, etc. and they are not hard to find used - if worried, buy used from a dealer by mail order (I got my Maggies from a dealer all the way across the US - 3.7i - truck freight is not all that much)
call Richard, he will know what dealers have a pair of the non CT Treo in stock or on demo
my guess is they would make you a deal to be able to move to the CT
you can also see where he will be next week at dealer events in TX and FLA I believe....

he and i have a bit of a running joke about starting VanDerVan where i load a pair of everything he makes in a Sprinter van and drive around the more remote parts of tge country doing in home demos....so far he claims I am too lazy to work that hard in retirement- he is right
Monitor Audio is made in China. You said you did not want speakers made in China!