Do classical CDs made from early analog tapes sound better on your system than new CDs?

I find that classical CDs produced from analog recordings originally made in the late 50’s and early 60’s really make my system sing, and, by far, give me the best sound staging over most modern recordings.  This is especially true in those produced in the pre-Dolby era.  The overtones are just there in abundance and the space is endless and real.
 I’m wondering if others have that experience.
128x128rvpiano
I would be interested in starting such a classical discussion forum.
Does anyone know how to go about it?
Rvpiano,
Between you, Al and Schubert, you 3 could certainly get it off to a good start.
Charles
+1 to charles1dad’s tacit nominations...that’s a good core of experts to start with. I’m sure there are others who will join in. Maybe even Frogman and Orpheus.

@rvpiano
Use Jazz Aficionados as a template. Start a new thread (just as you did here) and "prime the pump" by naming some of your own favorite classical recordings. Details about composer/composition, orchestra, conductor, recording label, maybe even venue...all grist for the mill. Finding samples that can be linked to on YouTube - icing on the cake (if you will permit me to mix pump, mill and cake figures of speech in one paragraph).

c1d is right about Jazz Afic., but it started out with one single post.
Ghosthouse this would be very educational for me. I’d rate my jazz knowledge 8.5/10 and continually expanding. Classical music 2/10 , much room for growth😊. Brownsfan where are you?
Charles