Do classical CDs made from early analog tapes sound better on your system than new CDs?

I find that classical CDs produced from analog recordings originally made in the late 50’s and early 60’s really make my system sing, and, by far, give me the best sound staging over most modern recordings.  This is especially true in those produced in the pre-Dolby era.  The overtones are just there in abundance and the space is endless and real.
 I’m wondering if others have that experience.
128x128rvpiano
Unfortunately I don't think such a thread exists here, Ghosthouse.  The thread entitled "What's On Your Turntable Tonight" has had some good discussions and recommendations of classical recordings at times over the years, although less frequently of late.  There are also a few older threads discussing which classical record labels tend to be the best sounding.  And of course a perusal of the "Music" sub-forum will turn up occasional mentions and discussions of classical recordings in various other threads.

Best regards,
-- Al

Maybe one of you could start it?
(dontcha just love people with "big ideas" that make work for others? :-)

I note Jazz Aficionados clearly benefits from Orpheus’ "moderating", so time and attention (not to mention subject matter expertise!) are helpful for keeping things on track.

Jazz for aficionados is very unique.  Nearly 5 years old, over 10,000 posts and it remains interesting,  insightful and thought provoking. Many good recording recommendations although with the jazz genre this isn't difficult as there's a true wealth of excellent material. With the caliber of contributors such as the OP, frontman and others this inconsistency  is no surprise. 
Charles  
I would be interested in starting such a classical discussion forum.
Does anyone know how to go about it?
Rvpiano,
Between you, Al and Schubert, you 3 could certainly get it off to a good start.
Charles