Whats in your second system?

Just curious as to the people who like myself have many thousands "invested" in their main system with all the latest tweaks, cables etc and also have a second or even third system.

Did you assemble that with the same love and care and dedication and costly tweaks?

Or did you throw something together from bargain bins or indeed your old leftovers and then sat back and thought...Wow this sounds really good!

And if so did that get you thinking on the main system...lol.

My second system cost way less than the speaker cables on my main system but I am constantly shocked at just how nice it sounds for such a no frills setup.

Linn Classic all in one
Tannoy 2 ellipse small floorstanders
20 year old (at least) Jensen 50w 8 inch sub.
Monster Cable 12/2 speaker cable bare wire ends.
Home brewed power cord just cos I had it laying around.

The Linn just sits on top of a chest of drawers with the Tannoys flanking the chest either side and the lil sub sitting behind the chest.

And it sounds darn good tbh!
128x128uberwaltz
Linn Cllassik with Kan speakers, AQ type-4 speaker cables and homebrew power cord :-)

Naim CDX into LehmannAudio Black Cube into Senn HD650. 

Philips "the Elephant" boombox to play outside

PC via USB  and Yamaha CDR 651 via optical to Emotiva XDA 2 DAC  to Emotiva Basx 300 Amp to KEF Q100 speakers

Sony BDP S6700 via HDMI  to Onkyo TX SR 373 AV receiver for SACD playing through Polk RTi6 speakers and to XDA DAC via coaxial to the BASX 300  to the KEF 100s 

Project Debut III with Ortofon OM 10 cartridge  through Cambridge 640P phono Pre amp to the Onkyo av receiver  to the Polk RTi6 speakers

I switch the speakers between the  set ups and listen to the different format combinations  Small 10 x 12  music and home office room. 

I particularly like the Salk SongTower for bedroom, as it is a tall speaker, with drivers at the top.  Connected to Belles Soloist 1, Simaudio 260D. My search for desktop speakers ended with Quad 12L2
There are some truly amazing second and third system setups for sure.
I am really impressed by the extremely wide variety of equipment being used.
I upgraded my TT, preamp and monoblocs to better versions of the same items. Those replaced items make up the second rig (with the addition of digital.)

Forgot to list it! Garrard 401 with 12" Jelco 750 and Ortofon MC3, Croft 25 phono/pre, EICO HF 35 monos. Sony CD. Laptop. Clear Day cables. Spendor SP2/2 speakers.