Schiit taking orders (as of Dec 23) on Freya preamp

http://schiit.com/news/news/schiit-preamps-now-shipping

http://schiit.com/products/freya

Balanced and switchable for passive, JFET or tube (4x6SN7) gain stage.  

Volume control via 128 step relay switched attenuator

Remote control

$699
128x128ghosthouse
I mentioned elsewhere I also wondered about the Loki, and ordered a Freya (these 2 things aren’t related). So there. 
Just ordered the Vidar amp. Plan on getting a second unit in January.
so any review will come after I have both setup. Excited.
Just received an email from Schiit Audio (Nick T) answering my question
about turning off amps between listens. I assumed I was going to leave
both amps on 24/7. Nick says; It can be left on but draws about 60W idle.
That sounds like running a 120w light bulb continuously. That being the
case, I will probably shut them down when not in use. Comments.
FWIW - an update on Freya:
In another thread (can’t find it at the moment) I’d commented about some "warbling" heard when Freya was in mute. The other night I noticed I could hear this noise from the listening position when Freya had been switched to passive or tube mode and not just when muted. In JFET mode, Freya was/is absolutely dead quiet. Total silence when no signal was being received.

Did a little investigating, turns out the DC wire plug end of the iPower I’d been using on an Aries Mini was causing the noise. Don’t understand why. The interference seems airborne (EMI or RFI?) as opposed to originating through the AC house wiring. When plugged into a different circuit than supports the audio gear, the nearer I bring the iPower’s plug end w/15V adapter to the equipment console and also when I plug it into the Aries Mini, the noise can be heard from the left speaker - even if the Freya is off. Thinking it might be something the unshielded IC on the left powered sub is picking up. Need to check that out further. Anyway, I started a ticket with iFi though the iPower is out of warranty and certainly for the low price could just buy another, but would prefer to understand if this is "normal" or indicates a defective unit. Any input on the topic would be appreciated.

Bottom-line, apart from some noisy as-supplied 6SN7 tubes (which Schiit replaced quickly and with no hassle). Freya is very quiet. Having replaced the stock tubes with a pair of NOS RCAs and some NOS Russian 6SN7s from Upscale there’s no noise associated with tubes. I’ve been trying a low power Class A amp with Silverline Prelude Plus speakers so need the gain tubes provide. Very pleased with the results from this combination using Freya in tube mode.
My Freya arrived a few days ago and the supplied tubes sounded fine with no bothersome hum, which is a good thing. I have a lot of "hum busting" in my rig with bespoke filtering power supplies and quiet cables as I’m a seriously noise averse listener. The "mystery" supplied 6SN7s seem a little microphonic (and interestingly they have no numbers or writing on ’em at all…a first)…I replaced them anyway with new version Tung Sol 6SN7GTBs (I had these already and knew the tone…an underrated tube I think, especially for a newish product) and man…a really nice sounding preamp all around. I’ll be trying to find more of my fave Amperex tubes (I use the NOS USA Amperex 6SN7GTB supplied with my SEP power amp, and bought a spare as it sounded so good) and RCAs so tube rolling shall continue…I like it! The passive and FET settings do sound VERY similar, and I have the same issue with those settings not quite having the output to drive my 12 watt per side SEP amp…for soft background music those setting work, but hey…the tubes are on all the time anyway and provide more than enough gain. My previous preamp is a heavy monster with a 10db extra gain adjustment that I got very used to, so I had to adjust to the Freya output. I’m now adjusted. I also have Silverline Preludes, albeit the earlier version and they’re amazing, but I might get more efficient speakers at some time…no hurry though as damn…the rig sounds so sweet (2 REL subs keep things balanced). The Freya keeps breaking-in it seems and sounds better than initially (and that was pretty damn good), and fits well with my highly recommended Schiit Loki (off most of the time but is there for instant tonal first aid if needed). The Loki really is a gem and everybody should get one…now…go get one...
@wolf_garcia 
Was hoping you would post experience with the Freya, Wolf.  Glad it is sounding good.  Those Tung-Sols have also gotten good press over on Head-Fi.  I followed your comments about the Dennis Had SEP amp and the Preludes.  Then when I started a thread soliciting input about another integrated, @skoczylas mentioned First Watt.  As a result of your experience and his suggestion, I'm "auditioning" an F7.  It's day 4 now though just four hours after hooking it up, I was already seriously impressed.  So, "THANKS".  Not an integrated but it's working great with the Freya and Preludes.  (Loki does look like it could be a handy little gizmo for managing recordings with nasty highs.)