Anthem vs Krell vs Meridian

Has anybody done a direct comparison between a Anthem D1,
a Krell HTS 7.1 and a Meridian G61, G68 or 861? I don't need video switching. I am just trying to get the best sound out of a processor. Any info on these processors would be very helpful.
michaelmk
I have compared the D1, 861, G68, MC12, and a few others. To my ears it wasn't even close - I ended up with an 861.

The G68 is good - but not as good as the 861 - not to mention the fact that the 861 is modular for easy upgrading.

I thought the Meridians were much better than both the D1 and MC12.
I had the Anthem avm20 and Krell hts. I prefered the anthem in two channel. It seems a bit more neutral.
Since these are surround processors, my guess is you are using this exclusively for home theater processing I would suggest either the Lexicon or Meridian. I doubt VERY seriously you or 98% of us are going to hear differences between a Lexicon MC 4/8/12 and a Meridian 861. We may THINK we do, but it is doubtful.

Forget the Krell, though it isn't bad, just a step below the Lexicon/Meridian, imo.

Between the Lexicon and Meridian, the Lexicon is easier to set up, easier to buy (don't have to worry about configuration, etc) and is readily 7.1. Meridian is custom designed/purchased based on the purchasors system and gear. Buying the wrong set up can be VERY costly to get it to where you want it.

Since it seems like you are in the sub $5,000 range, preowned 861s are in the $4,000 to $10,000 range and modifications from here (additional cards, analog cards, etc) can be $1,145 per, which can be pricy.

Lexicon MC-4, MC-8, or MC-12 are starting to be a bargain now. And no one does processing better than Lexicon and Meridian. For 2 channel, alot of folks ding the Lexicon, but the MC-12 (I use a JBL SDP-40, aka MC-12B) and I personally feel it is fine - feeding JBL K2S9800SE.)

I also own the Levinson Media console #40 and the #51.

Dan