Best way to decrease the internal volume of a sealed speaker?

I have a very fine sealed 0.75 cu foot cabinet that I would like to reduce the internal volume to about to about 0.45-0.65 cu feet. There is limited space to add things like bricks, pavers etc inside.
I am thinking of using some plastic containers with lids glued to the inside cabinet. Should they be filled with sand?

ozzy

128x128ozzy
Well I've changed my mind about the Styrofoam.
It looks like I can install some 2x4's pieces inside. I have some 2x4 material made out of Trex that seems to be quite dense an much heavier than a regular 2x4.

ozzy
I just installed the Trex 2x4's.
I installed (2) of them 18" long on each long side placed in the middle of the cabinet.
I figure with that wood my cabinets math out to be .62 cu feet. I already can tell the difference with tighter and deeper bass. The woofers will probably need some time to break in fully, but at this point I am very happy.

I really want to thank you all for the ideas and support. 

ozzy
Good to hear! (See what I did there?)

Synthetic wood was probably a good idea.. denser and not affected by humidity. Well done
Trex....yeah, better than that pesky cellular stuff....good call. *G*

The problem with those " quantum mechanical devices" is, if it 'goes south' (or Whatever 'direction' one wants to call That...) is that parts are just insane to procure....it's not the $, it's the shipping and the 'back order wait state'....
I’ll second georgehifi’s suggestion of liquid nail and bricks - with a twist; use 4 bricks. Glue them as close as possible to the centres of the sides and back and the available space near the tweeter on the front. Help strengthen and damp the walls while you reduce volume. I believe most cabinets will benefit substantially from bracing. Let you think about it. Cheers. Pete