Best way to decrease the internal volume of a sealed speaker?

I have a very fine sealed 0.75 cu foot cabinet that I would like to reduce the internal volume to about to about 0.45-0.65 cu feet. There is limited space to add things like bricks, pavers etc inside.
I am thinking of using some plastic containers with lids glued to the inside cabinet. Should they be filled with sand?

ozzy

128x128ozzy
Why not simply get a quantum device from Geoff or an air compliance device from Bybee?

Why bother fiddling with foam, glue and other physical stuff and having to open up the speaker.

Simply employ one of these quantum mechanical devces to warp the space time dimensions of your speakers or change the actual behaviour of air compliance of your entire room to have the same desired effect.

Engineering by length, volume and acoustic properties is so old school.

Alternatively your speaker wires can be useful in changing speaker response as effectively as any physical change. A change of 1 meter in cable length is just like a volume change of 1 liter.

Alternatively, your thanksgiving turkey is perfect for stuffing a speaker but may work even better if placed on your head.

Here is a DIY instruction video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Rabq4muu0

Ozzy

I take that back ..3 coats would be enough..30 coats would take weeks to cure. Though the volume would be right. Tom 
theaudiotweak,

Thanks. First I’m going to try the Styrofoam. I have a piece that should work out fine cubic inches wise (177.42).
I will be gluing this underneath of the inside top. I just hope it doesn’t come loose or rattle.

Shadorne,

Too much holiday cheer?

ozzy
Sorry for the late reply.. the expandable foam will dry with a smooth surface, unless you mess with it. It will be flexible, though, so take Erik's advice into account. I'm not sure how flexible materials would effectively increase the internal volume, but Erik doesn't tend to talk out his butt and has much experience building speakers.

That said, nothing wrong with experimenting.

If you do use 2x4's, considering using blue tack to hold them in place until you're happy with the sound. Then, if the cabinets are unpainted MDF on the inside, consider wood glue. It is very strong when gluing wood together (duh) and would not be flexible like silicone, which could add too much damping. Or maybe you need the extra damping of the silicone.. I suppose you could start with silicone and, if it's over damped, cut it out and use wood glue.