Best way to decrease the internal volume of a sealed speaker?

I have a very fine sealed 0.75 cu foot cabinet that I would like to reduce the internal volume to about to about 0.45-0.65 cu feet. There is limited space to add things like bricks, pavers etc inside.
I am thinking of using some plastic containers with lids glued to the inside cabinet. Should they be filled with sand?

ozzy

128x128ozzy
Styrofoam will do exactly what you need it will  not absorb no need to coat it and best of all you can infinitely tweak by cutting off material  until you have the correct volume before you make anything permanent. 

Best of luck

Peter
ivan_nosnibor,

Thank you for that info. I was thinking of just using the flex seal over the Styrofoam IF the Styrofoam alone would act as an absorbent. But it sounds like it does not.

theaudiotweak,

I will order some of the Cascade to be used as a inside lining.

eric_squires,

Wouldn't a mixable 2 part epoxy require putting it into some type of mold? What type of thickness do you suggest?

pbn,

Not sure what type of Styrofoam thickness I should be using. I was thinking 2-4", does that sound about right? I'll try Hobby Lobby first.

ozzy
Best way to decrease the internal volume of a sealed speaker?
Liquid Nail a few bricks at the bottom, will make them feel heavy and expensive.

Cheers George
So using the Styrofoam...

Please correct me if my math is incorrect or if I am on the wrong track.

First my assumptions.
1 cu foot is equal to 1728 inches.
My present speaker cabinet is 0.75 cu feet or 1296 inches.
The woofers I am getting are said to perform best in a 0.45-0.65 sealed cabinet.

So, if I use 0.45 cu feet as the goal that would equate to about 778 total inches.
I have found available a 8x8x8 styrofoam cube and that would math out to about 512 in total inches.
So, if I subtract the 512 from my present 1296 it would leave the internal volume to be 784 inches or a little more than 0.45 cu feet internally.

Does this sound right???

ozzy
Why not use the higher number as the goal? Actually you're almost there without doing anything. By the way, that should be cubic inches, not inches.