A visit to the (Audio) Doctor

Looking at audio equipment can be a painful experience, sort of like looking at new (or used cars) or a trip to the dentist. I spent 4.5 hours at Audio Doctor in New Jersey. It was a great experience. Dave left a meeting early to see me. He knew that I was not looking at his very high end stuff, but he spent the whole day with me. No pressure, changing speakers many times and going back to a couple of them repeatedly. I have it narrowed down to two speakers, Vivid 1.5 or Janszen Valentia with air motion. Leaning toward the Vivids (pending wife approval). The shop is full of lots of incredible audio equipment at all price ranges. Clearly this is a business that is run out of appreciation of sound rather than maximizing profits.I am hesitant to go to small intimate shops like this out of concerns or pressure. This was just the opposite. Highly recommended.
crwindy
Rsf507, what are you questioning? 

Crwindy found us on these posts and decided to pay us a visit he lives in NYC and was on his way to his CT home and figured he would check us out. 

He has never been to our store.

Many NYC audiophiles do not know about our store, they see our name at shows but don't necessarily put one and one together or didn't know that there was a store like us in the area.

If you are visting NYC come in for a demo and see for yourself.

We are a rocking store with many unique brands of gear not normally seen on display these include Light Harmonic's the Davinci, T+A , Rethem, Legacy, Aqua Hifi and many others. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
rsf507,
I don't know what your comment contributes to this discussion. I spent many hours at the Audio Doctor's shop, and wanted to show my appreciation for his patience, selection and knowledge. If the post was too long for you, you did the right thing by stopping reading. I find people (myself included) are quick to criticize. The other side of that coin tells me that when I get exceptional service, I should praise it. I have no connection to the store (other than being a potential customer). A shop like this is what will make brick and mortar endure.
This seems to be the norm here where someone takes the time to share their positive experience with an audio dealer and folks feel the urge to crawl out and claim there's a hidden agenda... amazing...