The new Synergistic Research BLUE fuses ....

New SR BLUE fuse thread ...

I’ve replaced all 5 of the SR BLACK fuses in my system with the new SR BLUE fuses. Cold, out of the box, the BLUE fuses stomped the fully broken-in SR BLACKS in a big way. As good as the SR BLACK fuses were/are, especially in comparison with the SR RED fuses, SR has found another break-through in fuses.

1. Musicality ... The system is totally seamless at this point. Its as if there is no system in the room, only a wall to wall, front to back and floor to ceiling music presentation with true to life tonality from the various instruments.

2. Extension ... I’ve seemed to gain about an octave in low bass response. This has the effect of putting more meat on the bones of the instruments. Highs are very extended, breathing new life into my magic percussion recordings. Vibes, chimes, bells, and triangles positioned in the rear of the orchestra all have improved. I’ve experienced no roll-off of the highs what so ever with the new BLUE fuses. Just a more relaxed natural presentation.

3. Dynamics ... This is a huge improvement over the BLACK fuses. Piano and vibes fans ... this is fantastic.

I have a Japanese audiophile CD of Flamenco music ... the foot stomps on the stage, the hand clapping and the castanets are present like never before. Want to hear natural sounding castanets? Get the BLUE fuses.

4. Mid range ... Ha! Put on your favorite Ben Webster album ... and a pair of adult diapers. Play Chris Connor singing "All About Ronnie," its to die for.

Quick .... someone here HAS to buy this double album. Its a bargain at this price. Audiophile sound, excellent performance by the one and only Chris Connor. Yes, its mono ... but so what? Its so good you won’t miss the stereo effects. If you’re the lucky person who scores this album, please post your results here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRASONIC-CLEAN-The-Finest-Of-CHRIS-CONNOR-Bethlehem-Jazz-1975-NM-UNPLAYED-...

Overall impressions:

Where the RED fuses took about 20 hours to sound their best, and the BLACK fuses took upwards of 200 hours of total break-in, the BLUE fuses sounded really good right out of the box ... and that’s without doing anything about proper directional positioning. Not that the BLUE fuses don’t need breaking in, they do. The improvement continues through week three. Its a gradual break-in thing where each listening session is better than the last.

Everything I described above continues to break new ground in my system as the fuses continue breaking in. Quite honestly, I find it difficult to tear myself away from the system in order to get things done. Its truly been transformed into a magical music machine. With the expenditure of $150.00 and a 30 day return policy there’s really nothing to lose. In my system, its like upgrading to a better pre amp, amp, CD player or phono stage. Highly recommended.

Kudos to Ted Denney and the entire staff at SR. Amazing stuff, guys. :-)

Frank

PS: If you try the SR BLUE fuses, please post your results here. Seems the naysayers, the Debbie Downers and Negative Nellie’s have hijacked the original RED fuse thread. A pox on their houses and their Pioneer receivers.

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
Lots of name-calling going on here.  I sort of understand it coming from Frank since he is OP and defender of the faith but from you Geoff, stirrer of the pot, I have come to expect more originality.
There are many designers/manufacturers here who have shared information about their designs without divulging the Colonel's secret recipe. Even Geoff provides a whole section of "Technical Explanations" on his website, describing how his products work, although I usually take a couple of hits and eat a mushroom before I can achieve an appropriate level of consciousness to even begin to understand.
If Ted wants to explain some stuff, then I am all ears and maybe will learn something.  If not, or if I only read more about how great these fuses sound, then nothing changes except Ted's bank account.
Funny thing Frank, I actually have a Pioneer receiver in my HT system (guilty as charged) so I guess I better get back to that.
Sorry, no offense, Mitch, but you must have been snoozing since the way these aftermarket fuses work has been explained to death, including the various SR fuses. OK, you can go back to sleep, now.

Geoffkait 11-18-2017
Sorry, no offense, Mitch, but you must have been snoozing since the way these aftermarket fuses work has been explained to death, including the various SR fuses. OK, you can go back to sleep, now.
IMO the explanations that have been cited for the sonic benefits of SR and certain other boutique fuses have either involved measured differences that are much too small to account for the reported improvements (as I have explained in detail in numerous posts in various fuse-related threads here), or amount to **descriptions** of the physical characteristics of the fuse, or how it has been manufactured. A description is not an explanation.

An explanation would make clear how the current being conducted by a fuse would be affected in such a manner and to such a degree that it would consistently improve the sonics of components that are completely different in design, that perform completely different functions, that are used in completely different systems, that can have either unregulated or well regulated internal power supplies, that are powered by AC having very different voltage and noise characteristics, that involve both AC and DC circuit applications, and that involve currents that do and do not vary with the dynamics of the music.

I would expect that such an explanation could be provided without divulging company sensitive information. As noted above many designers are more than happy to provide comparable information. And in this case a meaningful explanation would, hopefully, satisfy many of the so-called "skeptics," and perhaps even result in a significant number of additional customers. Although I recognize the possibility that depending on the explanation the result could be the opposite.

Regards,
-- Al

Al, nice try. The nice legalese notwithstanding. 😄 Nobody including myself or even HiFi Tuning ever suggested the differences in measurements explain the audible differences among fuses. But it is evidence nevertheless. Everybody and his brother except for a few outliers now understands that aftermarket fuses sound better than stock fuses. 

And we also know SOME aftermarket fuses sound better than OTHER aftermarket fuses, for a variety of pretty obvious reasons, I mean unless one turns a blind eye to them or plays dumb. We also know - as HiFi Tuning states on their web site - that cryo’d fuses sound better than non cryo’d fuses and that fuses CONSISTENTLY measure and sound better in one direction than the other. It’s an undeniable truth. Whoops, except for naysayers. One would have to be pretty stubborn, who knows why, to ignore all the evidence that is staring him in the face. Obviously, it would be a hard pill to swallow for some folk. 😛 Now, I realize I’m going to get a lot of the usual 12 Angry Men reponse, "But you can’t PROVE IT!! 😡

You assume proprietary information would not be revealed? Huh? Why assume anything? As I’ve said before any company who reveals anything is making a big mistake. There is no requirement to do so and it only sets the company up for who knows what. This is not a peer review committee. This is not Journal of Physics. This is not the faculty at Harvard.
Al,

Even if there was an explanation (which there isnt), the obligation to design and build good equipment falls to the audio component manufacturer - that is where the big $$$ are spent by the customer. If a merely different fuse causes an audible change in an audio component’s sound then the logical thing to do is to get rid of the unreliable POS component! Obviously