Vu Jade Audio at Capital AudioFest

Many of you know Peter - Bigkidz here on Audiogon who builds audio components. I actually own one of his direct heated triode DACs. In speaking with him the other day, he told me that his DAC will be featured in the GT Audio Works room system, in the Frederick Room. He told me that it was a last minute opportunity and that he has not actually heard the system himself. He is not sure if he can even attend but as a fellow audiogonner, I wanted to spread the word for him for those of you who may be attending the show. I have had his DAC in my system for over two years now and I still cannot believe how my system sounds. It does everything he told me it would do. Completely non-digital sounding. Truly amazing. Anyway stop in and see how it sounds, I know he will appreciate it even if he is not there personally.

danet2
As a follow-up to my Vu Jade Audio at the Capital AudioFest this past weekend:

The GT Audio Works room was one of the rooms that received recognition for one of the best of show at the Capital AudioFest by Todd Anderson from AV Nirvana.

Congratulations to Peter and his partner Karl at Vu Jade Audio and Greg and Steve at GT Audio Works!

QUOTE:

I’m feeling a tad impatient today, so I’m flipping the standard script and kicking things off with my favorite find at CAF 2017. Mind you, the word “best” is loaded with subjectivism and caveats, especially when it comes to sound. But for my money, GT Audio Works and its magnificent GTA3R Planar/Ribbon Speakers ($12,000/pair), which were matched with Sound Insight’s dual SI 600 Open Baffle Subwoofers ($17,000), graciously slid into home for the win.

I’ve had the pleasure of knowing GT Audio Works’ Greg Takes for several years, first meeting him as he demoed his GTA2.5 speakers at CAF several moons ago. Take one look into the man’s eyes and you can see both audio passion and total sincerity. And take one listen to his handmade large-panel creations, and you’ll be left stunned with amazement.

Takesh’s six-foot tall GTA3R utilizes a full range planar driver (72-in x 10-in) and an accompanying ribbon tweeter (72-in x ½-in) to deliver playback from 40Hz – 30kHz with amazing efficiency (92 dB). And when paired with dual Sound Insight SI 600 open baffle subwoofers (six 12” drivers each, performance to 16Hz), the system’s articulate punch and depth is downright ridiculous.

This entire system (speakers and subs) can be purchased for $29K, making it a relative bargain when compared to its high-end competition. By my math, the speakers' supporting cast of Pass Labs pre-amps and monoblocks (not to mention Triode Wire Labs power cords, cables, and interconnects, an Esoteric K01x SACD player, an Acoustic Signature Triple X Turntable, and a Vu Jade Audio tubed DAC ) pushed the room’s total system value just south of $200K. But I wouldn’t be surprised to find that more budget oriented buyers could purchase the GTA3Rs separately and usher wickedly beautiful sound into their homes for significantly less.

The GTA3R is built to order, which means the speaker’s wood and finish are all customizable. Considering that it essentially looks like a wood framed cloth panel (high quality craftsmanship, mind you), the speaker is somewhat unremarkable in its appearance. But its sound (oh that AMAZING sound) is what you’re paying for. And let me tell you, they sound stunningly beautiful, presenting a massive and highly detailed soundstage that’s punctuated by serious depth.

And clarity? It’s all there, folks.

Clarity, balance, and natural tonality.

This speaker is, bar none, the best speaker you’ve never heard, and I challenge anyone to find another $12,000 speaker that can touch its class.

Bold words? Yes.

But my ears have fallen in love with GT Audio Work’s creations and this year’s showing at CAF was simply spectacular. Do yourself a favor: visit Greg Takesh (or his Long Island, NY dealer: Sound Insight High End Audio) for a private demo. And if you live outside the New York area, read his website’s offer for guests that need to fly to his location (it takes the notion of rolling out the red carpet to an entirely new level).

Note that the Vu Jade Audio Direct Heated Triode DAC was demonstrated with an Esoteric $27K CD player as the transport in the system. Must have been a good reason for using that DAC in the system. The GT Audio Works Team would also agree that the Vu Jade DAC is something really special. I know that they offer a 14 day in-home trial period.

Here is a link to the report:

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/capital-audiofest-2017-show-report.1723/

Here is a link to a You Tube video:

https://youtu.be/9Qo_-1ZPdQQ

I’ll echo what danet2 says about Pete and Karls DHT Dac.

The "way you always wanted" your music to sound like.

One example, I can play Rock music at high or low volume and it remains completely intelligible with all the audio adjectives included within the soundscape, anyone with a good set of ears knows it when they here it.

I’ve had the Dac for over a year now, that’s why I haven’t posted on the forums in a long while, I’ve been listening instead.

Contact Peter and Karl for an audition, you’ll fall heavy for it in less than 20 seconds, no kidding.

Buyer beware when buying used equipment from Peter. He misrepresents his equipment.  Be thorough and make sure you fully know the details of his products.
@a016547   Since you made the above statement , what specifcally was misrepresented. etc. etc. etc.?