What makes tape sound better than vinyl ?

Even when making recordings from vinyl to cassette, in some aspects it sounds better, though overall in this particular example the turntable sounds better than the deck. Tape sound appears to have a flow and continuity that vinyl lacks. 
inna
Rather than calling names, shadorne, which is a sure sign of failure to win the debate, I suggest you go back and re-read what I wrote. You obviously didn’t get it the first time around. I’m not talking about transferring vinyl to cassette or any such thing. I’m referring to store bought audio cassettes. You need to brush up on your audiophile jargon, since punchy is a sign of good dynamic range, not compressed dynamic range. That is why aggressive compression is bad, it's NOT punchy. Follow?

willemj
Geoff, your experiences show our point.

Huh? I don't think so. How so, Professor?
Geoff,

Please re-read the OP post that starts this thread. "vinyl to cassette" is quite explicitly the topic.

You are ignorant as well as completely off topic. 
Huh? You were the one generalizing and preaching about how tape was used for compression. Which in itself is pretty dumb since almost all great recordings in History were recorded on, you guessed it, tape. I was just responding to the ignorant thing you said, which was itself off topic. Tape is a natural medium. It breathes. That’s why the OP reported the tape copy sometimes sounds better than the vinyl original. Case closed.
"Maxell Vertex tape"

Inna- memory is letting me down. The glory days transferring a fresh from the bin record- recorded to premium cassette for the car, seem like yesterday.

I used most of the popular brands including Maxell. Don’t remember Vertex? is it a chrome or metal? Memory recalls a really well recorded album on regular tape was just as good as the "expensive" cassettes. I knew a few audio guys that were obsessive with making the best recordings for their just introduced "high end car audio" Playing a store bought album on cassette was a crime.

1979/80-hearing a trunk full of Fosgate amps and electronic crossovers feeding drivers in the rear deck and doors changed my idea of amazing sound in a car.

Hearing Floyd "DSOM"/Springsteen "Darkness" AND feeling it was an experience equal to a nice home system.