Do classical CDs made from early analog tapes sound better on your system than new CDs?

I find that classical CDs produced from analog recordings originally made in the late 50’s and early 60’s really make my system sing, and, by far, give me the best sound staging over most modern recordings.  This is especially true in those produced in the pre-Dolby era.  The overtones are just there in abundance and the space is endless and real.
 I’m wondering if others have that experience.
128x128rvpiano
Inna,

Are you OK? There are many transfers of what were originally analog recordings to digital that sound great. Tastes change with time and so do interpretations and performances as well as recording techniques. I am not surprised to see a preference for 50’s classical - the budgets back then were bigger in classical than today.

There is nothing inherently wrong in converting analog to digital after all EVERYTHING except electronic generated music starts off as Analog. All the microphones in use today are actually analog devices so there is no way to avoid the A to D conversion at some stage if you are listening to digital.
Inna, the OP may be too modest to say so, but I happen to be aware that he is an accomplished classical pianist and harpsichordist, whose background includes performances in a number of this country's best known and most respected venues.

In the future you might consider thinking twice before speaking disrespectfully to someone whose background you are unfamiliar with.

Regards,
-- Al