Do classical CDs made from early analog tapes sound better on your system than new CDs?

I find that classical CDs produced from analog recordings originally made in the late 50’s and early 60’s really make my system sing, and, by far, give me the best sound staging over most modern recordings.  This is especially true in those produced in the pre-Dolby era.  The overtones are just there in abundance and the space is endless and real.
 I’m wondering if others have that experience.
128x128rvpiano
Yes, especially the ones from HighDefTapeTransfers.com and PristineClassical.com

Also, the AAD/ADD discs I have from the 80's do sound a lot better through the Schiit Yggdrasil than any other CD/DAC I've had. 
It is a profoundly stupid idea to convert into digital what was recorded in analog. Not surprisingly all of those cds, both original and remasters sound like junk. The degree varies but it is the same junk.
Digital recording on the other hand can sound acceptable if done right. That's the only kind of cds that I listen to. And you do need high-end equipment, I'd say even more so than with records and tapes.
Inna, 

I guess your ears are different from mine, or you don’t listen to a lot of classical music.

Profoundly stupid, eh?
One of the most treasured CDs in my collection, both musically and sonically, is Chesky’s remastering of Jascha Horenstein conducting the Royal Philharmonic in a 1962 (!) performance of Dvorak’s New World Symphony. The original recording was engineered by the great Kenneth Wilkinson, and of course in the days before the use of a forest of microphones and extensive post-processing in the recording of symphony orchestras became the norm.

Frankly, I find the sonics on this recording to be so amazing that I would expect anyone having a bias against the CD format would find themselves re-thinking their outlook after hearing it.

Chesky’s CD re-issue of the 1962 Horenstein/London Symphony performance of Brahms' Symphony No. 1, also originally engineered by Mr. Wilkinson, is also quite wonderful, both musically and sonically.

Best regards,
-- Al

Of course, high-end labels such as Chesky are re-releasing many, many classic analog-original recordings produced by wonderful engineers such as Wilkerson, Mohr and Layton and many others from the 50’s and 60’s, and eagerly picked up by audiophiles.  Not to mention, RCA Living Stereo and Mercury Living Presence releases originally recorded during that period that are audiophile classics.