Old Dynaco Speakers?

Help me - I think I'm losing my mind. I have held on to a excellent pair of Dynaco A-35s, but have not listened to them since I put together my system. Just for a laugh I hooked up the Dynacos in place of my Vienna Acoustics Mozarts. While the $2500 Mozarts sound better overall, it's scary how close the Dynacos came. The last time I listened to the A-35s they sounded good, but that was with much lesser quality electronics. To make matters worse, I was just on a listening binge with better VA speakers, Sonus Fabers and Martin Logans. While arguably the A-35s were the best of the Dynaco line, I guess that I'm a little shocked how good they can be. David Hafler may you rest in peace.

Creek 5350SE Int. Amp
Rega Jupiter CDP
Cardas Cross Interconnect and Quadlink powercords
Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables
crega
loudspeaker designs have not necessarally moved forward. in fact one might say they've gotten a lot worse. the trade off for making speakers 'disappear' is making the music disappear with them. just several of hundreds of examples ....compare the b&w 801 matix to the newer model...compare any of the classic klipsch designs to the newer models...and yes even the earlier sonus faber models will sound better than any of the new stuff...does anyone remember the paridigm export or the celestion ditton line....i could go on and on and......
Shay, you might want to take a look at the dates on the posts that precede yours!
-Bob
FWIW, here is a copy of a post I made on another thread of same theme. The topic was my impressions of the old Infinity 2000a electrostats.

"I used to own the [Infinity] 2000a electrostats too. They followed me around for almost 35 years! By the time I put them out of their misery, the woofer surrounds had dry rotted and I think the electrostatic tweeters were shot. . . . .

As I recall, when J. Gordon Holt's Stereophile magazine was still a little booklet pub that came out every couple of months back in the 70s, the 2000a was rated Class B, which was pretty impressive. Aside from using electrostatic tweaters made by RTR, the 2000a supposedly even loaded a crude transmission line woofer. I say crude because compared to a Vandy transmission line set up which uses highly damped baffles and compartments, the 2000a transmission line looked like a bass reflex port that was hand stuffed with damping material.

So, I kinda agree with [A'gon member]'s comment that speaker technology has moved on in the last 30 to 40 years. My goodness, the 2000a was loaded with a midrange and woofer that used a paper/cardboard cone. Heck, the woofer's cone was hand damped with putty on the outside around the voice coil.

Thanks for the memories."