THE LITTLE BLACK BOX, 399.00 ABSOLUTLY NUTS

I need a little black XLR junction box for a famous turntable......Two XLR jacks and a 4 pin jack 399.00 please....What is going on here, you can buy a whole amplifier for that ??   I offered a dealer  200.00 for one and he laughed at me......Are  we the buyers going crazy paying that ????
autospec
Am I reading your issue correctly?

You have a Rega tonearm that you would like to convert to XLR connections to use with Atma-sphere pre-amp. You plan on re-terminating your Rega cable by attaching a Lemo connector to be used with another manufacture’s XLR phono interface box. Your issue is with the pricing of this other manufacture’s phono interface box to be used with your Rega DIY solution.

So the price is too high so why not just move on to another solution like getting your tonearm re-terminated to XLR. Why single out this particular manufacture who has nothing to do with your issue unless you have a hidden agenda?
If you were a small business with very limited resources (manufacturing all by hand) and could only produce X amount of products per year, and your product became very popular (demand increases exponentially), the only thing you can do is raise your prices to decrease demand.

I don't think the audio businesses really have large production capabilities unless they are outsourcing to China or the like.
Testpilot   At this point and time I have several VPI tonearms that would be a plug and play, but I don't care for uni-pivot tonearms.......But I like the VPI drive system....So at some point I would use a Rega 700 tonearm wired with XLR connectors.....Will
The dealers aren't talking about it too much yet, but we do have a gimbal option now :)  Totally agree, the uni-pivot can be a pain to deal with and we have been long overdue for having a gimbal option.

Regarding the price of the box, we always try to do the best we can to keep the costs down/fair while still being able to keep the doors open and the lights on.  The XLR junction box is a low volume item as well using the Nordost wire (the cost of wire is a whole forum thread in of itself), and the parts are sourced in the USA.  A lot of it is because of the low volume and additional cost of the components.  Our standard RCA is $200 with standard wire and $300 with Nordost.  Hope that helps on the insight of the pricing.